For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks for the driver, not only what happened but the way the company at fault treated him also, but.. Why would he not have personal income protection? I thought that was the first thing you get when self employed to avoid having to "borrow off friends for mortgage payments"? 

• Like 1

So back to this Morrie I have

In its history report it it was dereg in 2014.

It had a pre registration check in 2016.

It has a vin plate on it, I assume from that check.

Will I need to go through pre registration check again? Or is the vin still good?

There's no record of it having any further reg inspection that I can find anywhere, I couldn't find it on ltsa flagged vehicle page (tho it only had one Morris in it flagged for flood damage). Doesn't say failed inspection in the carjam report

Is there any way I can find out if it did go through an inspection and if it did fail on anything?

There's plenty of information on importing and flagging an American car, but nothing for re-registering a car already here.

Hey y’all,

Happy new year and all that. 
Trying to get this ute of mine sorted for cert/Nats, doing some bar work and am slightly confused by the part of the Car Construction Manual with regard to fenders/wheel coverage 13.5.2.

C81DF033-9B37-4CB8-88DF-7E1AD4C3C273.thumb.png.22285a0e6ef7764dcb558e193a1cb1d5.png

Is the third of the circumference measured as a line starting from the centre of the wheel? 
Because the body is so high up over the wheel it makes it hard to get one third coverage if the line does start from the wheel centre as obviously anything lower than the chassis will not be covered except with maybe a mud flap, and does that count? 
See below for a poorly marked up version of what I am thinking of doing with the bar work (the bar will come out as far as the edge of the tyre to cover the whole tread then kick back in to join up with the slider/side step):

5811432A-0DEA-47E6-904C-B9C69C4F1F1B.thumb.jpeg.d8671d67f642c5569e3c06df5fda11eb.jpeg

TIA, 

Hayden.

On 15/12/2018 at 22:25, cletus said:
On 15/12/2018 at 22:18, a.craw4d said:

Probably been covered a million times before (and my apologies) but can you chuck almost any wheels on a car and not need cert for them alone?

yes, if they fall within the wof threshold rules

But once certed you're bound to the wheels when cert was issued?

yes

If i take my car for certification for adjustable suspension, on my stock wheels, is the car then bound to those wheels? If i want to change the wheels in the future do these need to be re certified or does it fall under the first point above? Cheers.

Can only swap wheels if you don't have a cert. Get a cert and the wheel specs on the car are recorded on the cert plate for all time. Will need to recert in order to change wheels (to a different size) in future. So ideally you cert it with the wheels you want to run in future. Can get it certed with more than one wheel size. But will require multiple full sets of wheels in order to fully test and certify them suitable for use.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What type of cert inspector would i need to involve to build a trike? 

Preferably so i can register as a car to save on the massive rego costs will be running my Honda gx690 engine with a turbo on it for added fun. 

Will graft a narrowed independent subframe to a bike chassis to keep it all fairly straight forward.

On 04/01/2020 at 13:31, WhangareiKE70 said:

Hey y’all,

Happy new year and all that. 
Trying to get this ute of mine sorted for cert/Nats, doing some bar work and am slightly confused by the part of the Car Construction Manual with regard to fenders/wheel coverage 13.5.2.

C81DF033-9B37-4CB8-88DF-7E1AD4C3C273.thumb.png.22285a0e6ef7764dcb558e193a1cb1d5.png

Is the third of the circumference measured as a line starting from the centre of the wheel? 
Because the body is so high up over the wheel it makes it hard to get one third coverage if the line does start from the wheel centre as obviously anything lower than the chassis will not be covered except with maybe a mud flap, and does that count? 

Yeah the rules around tyre tread coverage are a bit confusing as the lvv rules are different to the wof ones

But a big mud flap should be enough to make it comply 

On 31/12/2019 at 20:22, tortron said:

So back to this Morrie I have

In its history report it it was dereg in 2014.

It had a pre registration check in 2016.

It has a vin plate on it, I assume from that check.

Will I need to go through pre registration check again? Or is the vin still good?

There's no record of it having any further reg inspection that I can find anywhere, I couldn't find it on ltsa flagged vehicle page (tho it only had one Morris in it flagged for flood damage). Doesn't say failed inspection in the carjam report

Is there any way I can find out if it did go through an inspection and if it did fail on anything?

There's plenty of information on importing and flagging an American car, but nothing for re-registering a car already here.

Do you have a link to the LTSA flagged vehicle page? Had a look and couldn't find it.....

On 05/01/2020 at 19:16, cletus said:

Yeah the rules around tyre tread coverage are a bit confusing as the lvv rules are different to the wof ones

But a big mud flap should be enough to make it comply 

Thanks for that Clint.

Do we have any WOF inspectors on here that could chime in? All good if not, my neighbour has a WOF garage so will ask him next time I see him.