For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, rusty360 said:

I think I'll go get it tested by a tint place with a VLT meter and go from there. I have read that some mazda 6 wagons have a light tint behind the drivers seats. This could be why these windows are to dark. Cheers for the info!

A lot of cars have privacy glass from new, so you're tinting tinted windows.

• Like 1

Youtube it, will be covered for sure.

I have a curly one. Car is going for cert at some point, I want a different plate on it that it currently has. Can't get new plates made or put on to car till it is licensed. Can't get licensed till WOF'd. Can't get WOF till get cert, don't want old plate on cert plate. Currently only have one PP as it was on a trailer.

Boom. 

Will this be a case of paying for a new cert plate the day after it's installed?

Will try my luck with Licensys, but it doesn't seem like the sort of system that has wiggle room.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Bling said:

Youtube it, will be covered for sure.

I have a curly one. Car is going for cert at some point, I want a different plate on it that it currently has. Can't get new plates made or put on to car till it is licensed. Can't get licensed till WOF'd. Can't get WOF till get cert, don't want old plate on cert plate. Currently only have one PP as it was on a trailer.

Boom. 

Will this be a case of paying for a new cert plate the day after it's installed?

Will try my luck with Licensys, but it doesn't seem like the sort of system that has wiggle room.

You can request your plate is made without a rego number on the plate.

PS - are you going to get a PP for your car? I might know a guy who MIGHT be able to arrange your new PP on it. (I'm not promising but I can try)

edit - FWIW - a mismatching rego number is one of the only 2 things that is not required to match on the cert plate for a WoF.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi there, 

I have got spindles, stubs, discs, and callipers off a 1992 L300 to go onto my 1983 L300, the problem is the upper ball joint hole is larger on the new suff (there is no ball joint that fits off the shelf) can I get an engineer to make some hard tapered adapters like these? I hope so because they are getting made next week.

https://www.doctordiff.com/a-body-upper-ball-joint-tapered-adapter.html

Have read that the upper ball joints don't have as much stress as lowers so should be sweet?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Hi there, 

I have got spindles, stubs, discs, and callipers off a 1992 L300 to go onto my 1983 L300, the problem is the upper ball joint hole is larger on the new suff (there is no ball joint that fits off the shelf) can I get an engineer to make some hard tapered adapters like these? I hope so because they are getting made next week.

https://www.doctordiff.com/a-body-upper-ball-joint-tapered-adapter.html

Have read that the upper ball joints don't have as much stress as lowers so should be sweet?

Thanks.

I'm presuming you mean for cert? But regardless of if WOF or cert, unfortunately no you cannot.

The problem with them is if you pull the ball joint out of the stub and the tapered insert falls off, then you might not notice and do the joint up and it might pull up tight but there will be play (and a lot of it) once you start driving.