For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With cracktesting of welded struts. 

Do I need to get the forms for what kind of testing they need to do from the cert guy or will the crack testing man provide the right forms? 

Will the cert guy need a way of identifying the struts afterwards because once cert is booked in they will obviously be painted? 

WOF gurus could you fill me in on tinted windows, VTNZ has just failed the missus mazda 6 for windows being to dark. It's been tinted for a long time. Is there somewere I can find out the specs and what windows are allowed to be what darkness etc etc. MR VTNZ said it was a new rule.

19 minutes ago, rusty360 said:

WOF gurus could you fill me in on tinted windows, VTNZ has just failed the missus mazda 6 for windows being to dark. It's been tinted for a long time. Is there somewere I can find out the specs and what windows are allowed to be what darkness etc etc. MR VTNZ said it was a new rule.

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/vision/glazing

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/safety/vehicle-safety/vehicle-equipment/vehicle-windows-wipers-and-mirrors/

I thought that the 35% VLT  was a long-standing number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Nominal said:

Sweet looks like I need to get it tested then, fark another thing to do ahhhh

On 01/12/2019 at 20:23, Dudley said:

Is there a place online I can get the form? Don't really want to use the whangarei certifier. So plan to get them tested with a form and find a certifier in auckland or Hamilton. 

On 01/12/2019 at 23:52, Bling said:

Certifier fills in parts of the form as required, so even if you can download it, that won't work. Speak to the certifier you wish to use and go from there, much easier if you get them on board before you do anything.

@Dudley as @Bling said, part of the form is filled out by the certifier.

You could just take the parts to an NDT lab and ask them to crack test them, but without the form they won't know what result the certifier is looking for and you may have to redo it if it is wrong, so it is better if the certifier gives you this form and it is done right the first time.

Without the form is like asking a builder to build a garden shed without any idea of where and how the customer wants it built.

• Like 2

A window does not need to go down for a wof. It does need to have a safety standard on it, so it needs to be up to be checked.

A station wagon can have 35% tints max. If there are no back seats it becomes a goods vehicle and then can have dark tints on the rear windows.

• Like 2