For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

I kinda feel like brand new cars/vehicles should meet the same rules as cars/vehicles already on the road... 

If a car on the road needs a cert for something that is factory fitted to another car, that factory car should need a cert on entry before rego. If I doesn't meet cert rules, it shouldn't be allowed on the road unless modified to meet the rules. 

Should get some horrible sounding, loud harleys off the road. 

#oldman 

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, kws said:

If a car on the road needs a cert for something that is factory fitted to another car, that factory car should need a cert on entry before rego. If I doesn't meet cert rules, it shouldn't be allowed on the road unless modified to meet the rules. 

I had to read this a few times to confirm it was as silly as I first thought, it was.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kws said:

I kinda feel like brand new cars/vehicles should meet the same rules as cars/vehicles already on the road... 

Should get some horrible sounding, loud harleys off the road. 

#oldman 

LS1 in Corolla vs Commodore or whatever they come in?

2 hours ago, ajg193 said:

LS1 in Corolla vs Commodore or whatever they come in?

More like a factory car coming with super loud exhaust that is switchable by the driver at the push of a button. Can't fit it aftermarket, why should it be allowed when factory fitted? 

Just because something is factory fitted, doesn't mean it should be exempt from the rules that everything else has to live by. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, johnnyfive said:

Unexpired WOF is still valid, though vehicle safety and legality to operate on the day still falls on the operator, regardless of WOF status.

So if a cop pulls me over and runs WOF check, it should be still cool then?

What about insurance cover?

Cheers

Any suggestions on who to talk to/how to go about getting a collapsible steering setup in my project? Not quite there yet, but probably going to go with option C from 7.13.1 in the NZCCM:

"collapsibility into the lower steering column or steering intermediate shaft, by a sliding section"

As it is a scratch built I have to have some sort of collapsibility built in. 

On 24/10/2019 at 20:31, kws said:

More like a factory car coming with super loud exhaust that is switchable by the driver at the push of a button. Can't fit it aftermarket, why should it be allowed when factory fitted? 

Just because something is factory fitted, doesn't mean it should be exempt from the rules that everything else has to live by. 

No vehicle can have a driver switchable exhaust. But a car can be fitted with an automated switching exhaust. But the "open" position has to be below the legal limit. So a "legal" setting and "quieter" setting if you will.

• Like 3

On 29/10/2019 at 14:57, WhangareiKE70 said:

Any suggestions on who to talk to/how to go about getting a collapsible steering setup in my project? Not quite there yet, but probably going to go with option C from 7.13.1 in the NZCCM:

"collapsibility into the lower steering column or steering intermediate shaft, by a sliding section"

Where is the rack/box? In front of or behind the front crossmember?

On 29/10/2019 at 14:57, WhangareiKE70 said:

Pg hydraulics in east tamaki. 

Not cheap but top quality work