For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 00quattro00 said:

What happens when you put a different body on a chassis? I want to put a land rover series 2 body on a discovery chassis, series 2 is dereg and the discovery is still live would also be shortening the discovery chassis

I saw someone who did this, but with ford pickups.  It was cert'ed as a body swap.

/ling

22 hours ago, 00quattro00 said:

What happens when you put a different body on a chassis? I want to put a land rover series 2 body on a discovery chassis, series 2 is dereg and the discovery is still live would also be shortening the discovery chassis

As Cletus said, scratchbuilt definition has changed. From what I have understood (and this may have changed with the update, haven't read the full document) the only way to do a chassis swap and still get it certed but not scratchbuilt, is to use the same make/model/series but from a modern version of the vehicle.*

For instance putting a D21 Nissan Navara body on a D40 Nissan Navara chassis. Not sure why you'd do that but was the best example my tired brain could come up with.

*Your results may vary, take with a grain of salt, I may have no idea what I am talking about. 

• Like 1

For an MC class truck am I right in saying you can only have four lights (two auxiliary) on main beam?

It would be nice to have a light bar on the roof for a nice wide spread of light in the bush, but also long distance spots on the bumper.

Does that just mean I can pull the relay for the lightbar at wof time and say I don't use it? 

If the light is there, does it have to work?

7 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Isn't there something like if you have fog lights they need to be wired up and working (or did they get rid of this rule a few years back)? You't think there would be a similar rule for other lights.

Thanks for adding zero value as per usual

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, UTERUS said:

Thanks for adding zero value as per usual

Ok, here is an answer with value for you:

According to the WoF Virm, you have a work lamp. The work lamp is NOT considered a cosmetic lamp. Therefore it can emit light in any direction.

The work lamp is perfectly legal as long as it is NOT operated by any switch that operates mandatory lamps.

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/lighting/cosmetic-lamps

You happy now?

• Like 4

Going by this you can remove the wash system on pre 92's, and it does not require LVV certification. Should be gravy.

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/vision/windscreen-wipe-wash

Modifications

7. An OE windscreen washing system may be removed from a vehicle manufactured before 1 January 1992.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1