For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I've got a wilwood pedal box which has the clutch and brake pedals spaced reasonably close together. 

My factory pedals have dog legs in them (and are considerably less beefy) to get around the steering column. 

As-is, there's no way that this is going to fit and allow a decent amount of pedal travel. 

My question is - I understand that modifications to a brake pedal is obviously out of the question.

But seeing how a clutch pedal failure is comparatively non critical...
Could I space my pedal box over to the brake side, and then fit a modified pedal for the clutch that's got a bend in it? 

It's hilarious how massive these pedal stalks are compared to OEM ones which are just a bit of bent plate. 

A more structurally sound version of this:

50067815_dogleg.png.763848c3a9617ebe7e81bee6cf002689.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roman said:

Surely tail lights need to be considerably more diffused? 

Head lights are for illuminating everything else, tail lights are for illuminating themselves

I suppose they need to be diffused somehow reading virm, whereas headlamps don't. As long as t/l is red in colour and diffused so it radiates as opposed to cast beam of light and fry someone else's eyeballs it should be right?

2 hours ago, Bling said:

Yeah seems a bit silly. Totally different designs for totally different jobs. Legality shouldn't come into it, just don't, lol.

I don't know man, LED tails annoy the hell out of me, to be honest, way too bright for what they are designed for. Yet they are legal. So are stupid animated LED indicator lamps.