For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I need to go through any design approval processes or crack testing to make my Toyota mark ii gx61 IRS rear subframe camber adjustable - similar to this method- they are toe adjustable on the inner trailing arm mount but not camber adjustable on the outer so it's just replicating what's already there but making it stronger 

• 2 weeks later...

If I was to buy some old banded steel wheels to go on a car getting certified, what if any paperwork would I need.

Assuming they are within the limit for width increase, the band is the correct thickness, it runs true, and the welds are (visually inspected at least) good.

Is seeing them bare metal sufficient or do they need a runout/crack testing piece of paper?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dolan said:

What happens if you buy a vehicle that’s on an old declaration type cert, has rego on hold, but they don’t have the old declaration letter thing anymore?

recert? Or are there records kept somewhere?

We carry a fair few of them on file, but not all of them. (it relied on the person filling out the declaration to send it into the MoT back in the day)

Does it still have live rego? If it does then send me the rego number tomorrow and I'll look to see if we have a copy on file.

• Like 2

On 23/04/2019 at 07:22, Ashkellybarr said:

Regarding fuel system wiring

changing carb tank to EFI with in tank pumps, using a large inspection plate for pump fixings

would a compression glad for cable through the plate be ok?

Can’t really find much aside from this blurb,

2.3(16)
An electrical system within a low volume vehicle must be designed to have electrical equipment such as pump motors and solenoids isolated from the fuel
 tank and system.

and any other suggestions or things to watch out for with doing these mods to a tank?

cheers

ash

B929519C-763A-4230-B408-598A12C92AFB.jpeg

Anything you use in a fuel related application has to be designed for that purpose.

The rule book doesn't really mention much about internally mounted pumps and wiring apart from this

20190506_102150.jpg

• Like 3

On 23/04/2019 at 20:40, doullama said:

Looking at u.s conversion vans: I see as part of entry cert they must now (from '16) be lvv certified due to the removal of bracing when installing side windows, fibreglass roof, dodgy seats & seatbelt mounts etc. Does this also apply to the many vans that are already on the road? These two are my current candidates, dodge is already lvv certed (and has 318) and ford is a heavy vehicle therefore exempt (and has 460 + uncle Rico vibe) both 14k with no bites for a while/ripe 4 beatdownz. Was just wondering as if so there must be hundreds of vans due for some wicked spendy work

Yeah those are a bit of a cock up

There was lots that got complied that should have been certified first for the mods

• Like 1

On 24/04/2019 at 13:31, dspec_tt131 said:

Do I need to go through any design approval processes or crack testing to make my Toyota mark ii gx61 IRS rear subframe camber adjustable - similar to this method- they are toe adjustable on the inner trailing arm mount but not camber adjustable on the outer so it's just replicating what's already there but making it stronger 

Nah doesn't need design approval.  Have certed a couple of that style suspension with similar mods  

• Like 1

On 05/05/2019 at 10:34, tortron said:

If I was to buy some old banded steel wheels to go on a car getting certified, what if any paperwork would I need.

Assuming they are within the limit for width increase, the band is the correct thickness, it runs true, and the welds are (visually inspected at least) good.

Is seeing them bare metal sufficient or do they need a runout/crack testing piece of paper?

Visual inspection by the certifier with tyes off is the requirement, any doubt and they have to be NDT'd   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 23/04/2019 at 20:59, MaxPower said:

whats the go if i had a 1980 L300 van, and had a de-reg L300 cab I wanted to put on the chassis instead? (van to cab) would that need cert as its pretty much the same? thinking it would be an easier way to make a L300 well side later on, than cutting down a van if that makes sense. cheers

Yes it would require cert.

It's not like I intend to drive it in the rain, but just checking if pre 92 vehicles need a windscreen washer/squirter bottle?

I found this, and that how I read it:

482869802_Screenshot_20190507-185934_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f29681a17e09d9dd8093dd71f487fe18.jpg

I'm having a bit of a dumb night where I'm struggling with written English.

• Like 1