For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@cletus Just a quick question, do you know of any IFS for trucks of my era (60 - 66) that have been previously used here and Oked / passed cert ? Just generally looking around. Obviously fatman stuff is out, I was looking at jim meyer racing - http://www.jimmeyerracing.com/products/ifs_55-62_chevy_truck_heavy_duty_weld_in.shtml - probably wont do anything but just interested... vaguely

Not off the top of my head sorry 

There are pre approved ones listed on the lvvta website which don't require design approval ie heidts, rods by reid

Then there are a bunch of American ones some of which are pretty good, but need design approval - not difficult to do, but if there are things that don't meet our requirements then you may have to change stuff - this can sometimes mean making new arms correct size, re welding things

If it was me I'd look at one of the pre approved ones, even if they are a bit more expensive, to start with it can work out the same cost or cheaper

Have done US trucks with both heidts and JR front ends , and with chassis mods to suit, can make for a truck that handles really well 

If you are not after a big improvement in handling, it's probably not worth spending the $$ over setting up your stock suspension well  

• Like 2

very lame one... some goose put a fuel pump under my datto. and forgot to hang the rubber fuel line up so it's hanging in the breeze. ready to get busted off. 

whats the accepted way to clamp a fuel line up? This issue may be double trouble because it's a hose and not a fuel line pipe. 

13 hours ago, AllTorque said:

Not banned. All four must be snow tyres and have more than 4mm tread.

Should be banned tho.

I am still seeing newish cars in auckland with snow tires, I drove a car with a set of 4 and it was dangerous going over 40 KPH

2 hours ago, SOHC said:

I am still seeing newish cars in auckland with snow tires, I drove a car with a set of 4 and it was dangerous going over 40 KPH

"no cambelt! Free tank of gas! New tires all around*!"

*Snow tires, but they're as good as high end Pirellis, honest. Tires all all the same thing. 

• Like 1

any one on here had an exhaust certified before - the brothers wagon failed its WOF (certed for engine conversion + other mods) but WOF guy recons he needs exhaust cert.

Is the process any different to regular certification stuff? Is it a quick and easy process? ie; book an appointment, exhaust gets checked and either passes or fails?

1 hour ago, Yowzer said:

Exhaust noise cert? Tell wof guy to get fucked. Volume is checked as part of the cert process.

Yeh exhaust noise cert - Fairly sure the cert would have been before noise certs existed - but could be wrong.

He's got a baffle plate he can shut it up with, so I recon he should chuck that in there and go back with it relatively quiet and see what they say.

• Like 1