For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

often if there isn't enough room in the relevant part of the plate they will put further info in the "exemptions" part, so it doesn't have an exemption for those things, in that case its just another box to put more info in.

cars that have a full cage will have 'authority card required" in that box, hot rods with no guards will have "nzhra fender exemption required", etc

On 16/12/2018 at 12:07, tortron said:

Typically we don't share the paperwork with vehicle owners and in 1999 there was scant paperwork even recorded.

If you want some detail in particular we can recall the paperwork and search for you. It costs $50 to recall out of storage.

8 hours ago, cletus said:

often if there isn't enough room in the relevant part of the plate they will put further info in the "exemptions" part, so it doesn't have an exemption for those things, in that case its just another box to put more info in.

cars that have a full cage will have 'authority card required" in that box, hot rods with no guards will have "nzhra fender exemption required", etc

Ahhh sweet cheers for that. If I were to fit an ARB Bullbar so I could have a winch, could you see that causing any issues come WOF time/dealing with insurance etc? I wouldn't want to risk voiding the cert.

Fact of the matter is, we know that some people will change their car as soon as it is certed. Either by giving it lots of rear camber, fitting stretched tyres, changing the seats or whatever.

But any cert done these days has a plethora of photos taken with the cert. If the car is involved in an accident then we can be asked to compare photos of when it was certed compared to the components it was when it was in the accident, if they don't match then insurance cover may be declined, the driver can be done for use of an unsafe motor vehicle etc etc etc.

Much the same as changing a vehicle after a WoF, except there is photographic evidence to show the state of the vehicle when certed.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, tortron said:

Yeah nah, Im saying I'd say there was bugger all info written down in those days. No photos etc like now

Maybe I'll get a copy one day for my files tho

You can't get a copy. That's what I'm saying. We sometimes shares parts of the paperwork but never the entire file. Or not that I know of anyway.

• Confused 1

Probably because it would be a large amount of mucking around to get copies of the paperwork which would serve no purpose for the owner, the cert paperwork doesn't mean anything on its own to anyone but the certifier and lvvta

In 12 years I've only had one person ask to see the paperwork for a car I certified and it was a wof guy who wanted to know every single modification to the engine on an rx7 so he could make sure it was the same as when I fitted the cert plate 2 days earlier. We don't list every single modification as its not necessary,  so getting a copy of paperwork isn't going to make a difference

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bling said:

Could you drop it down to sit on the crossmember / up against side of chassis rail?

Maybe. I put it on top of the rail because I thought it might get in the way when taking the engine out.

The reinforcing plate is going to be a PITA to make because there is a scallop in the rail for the steering intermediate shaft.

Putting the mount on the crossmember isn't really an option, steering is right in the way.

if you can get a heat shield in between the mount and the exhaust, with an air gap between both parts, then that would be ok, but you might be better off moving the mount to give yourself more room for a better flowing exhaust

it surprises me how often 1uz conversions have a fair amount of effort, $ and time spent on them, but when it comes to the exhaust, more often than not they end up with a stock manifold, or some sort of log manifold because its easier.

they go so much better with even a basic set of headers

• Like 1