For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Our Passat has electric handbrake, owners manual says its also an e-brake, not game enough to push it while driving though!

If I wanted to return a certified car to standard, would it still be issued a new cert plate saying all is standard, or will the cert plate just be removed and deleted from the system?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Yowzer said:

Removed and deleted

On this same topic, say your car had some sick juddies in it, and no other mods. You wanted to remove said sick juddies becuase you got old and had to hang your flat peak up, and revert to standard suspension. Could you just drill the rivets out of the plate and roll stock? What if you wanted to sell the car in future, could you reinstall sick juddies, rivet the plate back on and get mad cash selling to a flat peaker?

“b) where the vehicle has been fully returned to original, the LVV certifier will confirm that this has been done and remove the LVV plate from the vehicle (only an LVV certifier or delegated NZTA staff can remove an LVV plate).”

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/introduction/inspection-and-certification-process/duties-and-responsibilities##LVV

• Like 1

On 06/12/2018 at 07:52, AllTorque said:

There are no alerts on the wof computer to say a car is certed.

Might be different at testing stations? It is recorded on Landata.  

All the people referred to me for plate removal have been to vinz/aa/vtnz etc

Is you put a whole engine/driveline swap into a lower spec car, does it need drive shaft hoops and stuff for cert?

Example is taking a 328i BMW, and swapping EVERYTHING from a same year/model M3 into the 328i shell. Engine, driveline, suspension, interior, everything but body panels. I understand it needs a cert for increase in engine size etc, just wanted to know how strict it is since its all factory bolt in with no mods. Also, when getting said cert, if its on standard suspension, does it need to have the wheels noted on the cert or is there a way for the wheels to just not be listed?

(looking at a car that has had all this done, and it currently has garish wheels on it and would want to return to stock which is a different size, but current owner would cert the car as is with the current wheels)

9 hours ago, kws said:

Is you put a whole engine/driveline swap into a lower spec car, does it need drive shaft hoops and stuff for cert?

Example is taking a 328i BMW, and swapping EVERYTHING from a same year/model M3 into the 328i shell. Engine, driveline, suspension, interior, everything but body panels. I understand it needs a cert for increase in engine size etc, just wanted to know how strict it is since its all factory bolt in with no mods. Also, when getting said cert, if its on standard suspension, does it need to have the wheels noted on the cert or is there a way for the wheels to just not be listed?

(looking at a car that has had all this done, and it currently has garish wheels on it and would want to return to stock which is a different size, but current owner would cert the car as is with the current wheels)

is it a Boston green 328 from a safa  in roskill?