For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/09/2018 at 23:35, kpr said:

when welding to the strut tube,  does the weld have to be a certain distance away from the  cast part?

I created a sweet weak point, when i done some rangi mods on my paddock car.  it wasn't welded to the cast part.    (is now..)

IMG_20161204_043601.thumb.jpg.3ed6b149a0dab40bc03e16c54becc87a.jpg

The rules say no welding within 10mm of the cast part

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cletus said:

cheers, found that last nite, and i guess if everything is mounted as close to original bumper line, it should be ok.  some of the ones i have seen, leave a lot to be desired

2 hours ago, cletus said:

The rear will be reasonably easy, camber will probably be your biggest issue there.

If they are the ones on the pic though, the front ones wouldn't be able to be certed due to the strut tube being welded to the cast/forged bit at the bottom. 

Thank you, sir. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2018 at 23:35, kpr said:

when welding to the strut tube,  does the weld have to be a certain distance away from the  cast part?

I created a sweet weak point, when i done some rangi mods on my paddock car.  it wasn't welded to the cast part.    (is now..)

IMG_20161204_043601.thumb.jpg.3ed6b149a0dab40bc03e16c54becc87a.jpg

Can I steal this photo for educational purposes please?

• Like 1

Have read the flow chart on LVVTA, but before I start chopping, is a CAT required on a pre 90 car at cert? Chart appears to show anything pre 90 does not required a CAT. Cheers

Asking as I recall this rule has changed in the past. Engine is stock FWIW.

This isn’t exactly about certing but I thought the celebrated Mr turnip might have some relevant info on this topic.

So my MS75 needs re-complying because its de-reg. parts on it like the brake master cylinder are fucked and the only replacement master I can get for it is a bolt on affair for the car but looks completely different to the original one and it has a modern looking reservoir. Same goes for the proportioning valve.

What the story with complying a car with these things on it? Its not modified, its just replacing fucked bits with the only parts you can get. Are they going to knock it back?