For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

3 hours ago, Nominal said:

You should grab this one from Marshlands Rd while you are at it.

P1000255.JPG

would actually be worth cutting up to throw in the back.

Mrs has given 'approval' via eye roll rather than a flat NO and would be willing to come on a collection run/South Island Holiday at some point

Whats the gig with this marshlands place - is it being cleared out so need to rush/are the people ok to deal with etc?

• Like 3

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, azzurro said:

would actually be worth cutting up to throw in the back.

Mrs has given 'approval' via eye roll rather than a flat NO and would be willing to come on a collection run/South Island Holiday at some point

Whats the gig with this marshlands place - is it being cleared out so need to rush/are the people ok to deal with etc?

@Carsnz123 can likely haul it out for you. Last time I was there the custodian only wanted complete vehicles taken out.

14 hours ago, azzurro said:

Im considering buying a deregistered rare italian vehicle from the 1960s. It has rust, but not so bad in the scheme of things.

Im not scared of the rust but i am scared of getting it reregistered/certified.

Other than the ownership malarkey (which may also be a bit of a thing - has plates and old stickers but no papers and carjam doesnt know about it), whats the story with the repair certification that it will surely require? Im not interested if i have to pay a guy to do the rust work, but happy to have someone review my work.

Who is a good repair certifier to chat with in Auckland, west preferably.

Basically this this a good idea or have i gone quite mad?

I recently discovered that my car is no longer in the system.

Long story short I fucked up. 

I spoke to s gent named Duncan about two weeks ago. An old mate did his time under him. 

He said that it's $120 for the first inspection. From there a plan will be made as to how to progress forward. 

I can't strip it till he has seen it as he wants to be "in charge" of the processes from the start. So he wants to see it pre and post strip. The plan is then made. He will mark out all areas to be repaired 

So He did not say it directly but once he was happy with how you work he would be happy with lots of photos to document each repair made. 

Total cost was unknown as it would all depend on number of visits and length of report needed etc. 

Hope that helps 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Nominal said:

There is an 'entry certification' section on the virm site, I thought that this defined the re-rego check too?

The part of that just links back to the normal WOF requirements for indicators

Hi guys. Just after some general chat around the cert process, how hard it is, your experiences, etc.

My MR2 has aftermarket seats, wheels, suspension (adjustable), engine (20v currently, soon to be 16v turbo for the cert), and brakes (slightly bigger from another Toyota).

The seats are Bride Lomax, with rails to suit from NZKW. Im hoping these will pass inspection. Advice here would be nice!

The engine that will be certed will be a 16v 4AGZE with supercharger swapped for turbo. Im guessing so long as things are tidy and leak free, it should pass fine. Is bracing for the turbo a requirement? I have an oil filter relocation, will this be focused on? The fuel system is mostly stock, with an aftermarket FPR as the only modification, though I do intend to upgrade the fuel pump too at some point.

The suspension is adjustable, but a decent brand (Yellowspeed I think). Nothing really special about it, just a tiny sliver of negative camber, and fairly stiff. Been told these will probably not be a problem.

Wheels, so long as they arent bigger diameter, you can go as wide as you want, it seems, which is good because mine are 20mm wider than factory. They are hidden under arch extensions.

Obviously Im intending to visit the certifier soon to have an initial once over for advice from them, but was curious what you all thought as well.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 13:33, Vertigo said:

Hi guys. Just after some general chat around the cert process, how hard it is, your experiences, etc.

My MR2 has aftermarket seats, wheels, suspension (adjustable), engine (20v currently, soon to be 16v turbo for the cert), and brakes (slightly bigger from another Toyota).

The seats are Bride Lomax, with rails to suit from NZKW. Im hoping these will pass inspection. Advice here would be nice!

The engine that will be certed will be a 16v 4AGZE with supercharger swapped for turbo. Im guessing so long as things are tidy and leak free, it should pass fine. Is bracing for the turbo a requirement? I have an oil filter relocation, will this be focused on? The fuel system is mostly stock, with an aftermarket FPR as the only modification, though I do intend to upgrade the fuel pump too at some point.

The suspension is adjustable, but a decent brand (Yellowspeed I think). Nothing really special about it, just a tiny sliver of negative camber, and fairly stiff. Been told these will probably not be a problem.

Wheels, so long as they arent bigger diameter, you can go as wide as you want, it seems, which is good because mine are 20mm wider than factory. They are hidden under arch extensions.

Obviously Im intending to visit the certifier soon to have an initial once over for advice from them, but was curious what you all thought as well.

Doesn't matter what anyone here says, as it's the LVV certifier who has to sign off everything.

As I import cars I have some dealings with both repair certifiers and LVV certs from time to time.

Biggest thing is to not act like a dickhead or f...wit.

They've heard all the B/S stories before, probably a hundred times.

Like you're already doing, talk with a couple of LVV certifiers first, and ask them to clarify if what you're doing/propsing or done, is heading the right way.

Far easier to clarify everything first, than having to modify again or remove stuff you've done.

Here's the contact list.

I have used  Paul Urqhart before and know him well, however up to you as to who you contact, providing they are rated in the areas of expertise that you need.

CertifierList-Website.pdf

https://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/suplementary_information/CertifierList-Website.pdf

Edited by S124AB
add link