For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did that model Gloria ever come turbo, factory?

in the standard, theres an 'out' for having to fit loops to diesels if it meets this requirement

(d) the vehicle has been fitted with a turbocharger, supercharger, or a nitrous system, unless the vehicle was originally fitted with a mechanical injector pump equipped diesel engine and has been retro-fitted with a complete original equipment turbo system from the same make and model of vehicle.

if not, then yes it will need a loop/s

decent brake pads will probably be all you need to pass the brake test, and make sure your speedo is accurate if you have little tyres on it

• Like 2

We can sort out loops easy enough Beaver.  Wouldn't be the first time. 

And @Carsnz123 you are not wrong there. 

My first advice whenever talking to someone who needs to do loops and is talking about buying those kits is don't. 

By the time you have cut it and modified to fit any sort of vehicle besides a t bucket you should have just bought 5 meters of strapping for the same price. 

Beaver I will be in the need for more strapping at some point so if you wanna go half in a length keen as.

• Like 4

On 5/7/2018 at 22:13, cletus said:

a 50mm wide slice of 5mm wall pipe in the appropriate diameter makes for a nice tidy loop

I keep meaning to get some cut to sell as a cheap kit 

I scored some old digger hydraulic ram outer casing for mine was $5 for about a metre long section 

5 hours ago, cletus said:

Either is fine for that as long as the person doing it is competent.

Is it solid mounted to the crossmember? 

Thanks,  there are square rubber mounts between xmember and bracket, look factory - not sure what they are out of but a lot smaller and less ugly than the normal round rx7 variant.

On the topic of fitting HID bulbs to lights. What about retrofit projectors in old glass headlights?

I want to fit retrofit projectors into the standard SD1 housings, so it wouldn't be using the reflector anymore and then use HID bulbs in the projectors. 

Would that be legal? The lenses have some faint lines cast into them but I can't see it breaking up the beam pattern. 

11 hours ago, kiwiplymouth said:

Quick cert question. I've just finished making metal flares and right angle sills for a HQ, will they need to be certed? 

depends.

if you cut any part of the structure of the vehicle then yes it would need cert.

also, if it was done to increase the width of the wheels a reasonable amount (over 25mm track width increase) , then that would need cert