For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

I'm looking at de-lowering the hz van this week, I'd quite like to raise the rear a little above factory height. Can I simply reverse the existing lowering block assembly to use them as lift-blocks and get a wof? Had a bit of a look in the virm but couldn't find much about lifting. Chur

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly fail for raising a car. 

To use a block to raise a car the diff will need to be under the leaf spring. 

Just removing the block will raise it by the thicknesses of the block. You will need to shorten the u bolts unless they don’t have enough thread. 

• Like 1

you would need a cert for lift shackles or flipping the diff housing on the springs.

plus the front would need to be raised, or deal with the caster problems that you end up with the back jacked up

how much do you want to raise it?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cletus said:

you would need a cert for lift shackles.

how much do you want to raise it?

As much as I can get away with :P couple of inches above standard would be nice. At the moment (lowered) It barely clears my driveway, and hz's are apparently prone to cracking in the control arms when fitted with lowering springs and standard shocks..

flipping the axle to the other side of the springs would probably lift it 5-6 inches from standard, so probably a bit much even without the 'lift' block fitted

remove the lowering block and getting springs reset would probably be better

you could get some air shocks for maximum 80s grossness

• Like 5

Max 80s grossness is my precise aim, was just trawling for pics of such haha. Cheers Clint, will look into sending springs away. I'll pull the blocks out 1st, mayy even be ok standard. Max height is just my spontaneous reaction after fixing ground-impact damage haha

• Like 1

So after the drama with my previous MX5 around having a roll bar & stock seating at cert time, I have a WOF question relating my new mx5 for those of you with weld in halfcages in your cars.

Has anyone been through certification, then had a halfcage welded in had any issues at WOF time?   I feel like it'll be fine, but I tend to have shite luck with these things.     Follow up question would be, if down the line I get an authority card for the vehicle would that be enough to satisfy somewhere like VTNZ?

The original ruling was the lights had to have a clear cutoff so those splurges weren't legal anyway. The Narva LEDs I'm running have a better cutoff than with halogens, so I'm not pleased with this decision.

Driving to work in the morning I would estimate 1 out of every 4 cars to have the wrong bulbs for their Headlights. My daily is at stock height too, and will probably remain so until I find some louvres/tint the windows. 

• Like 1