For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, d.p.n.s said:

how about the rear caliper mount being held on with 3 out of the 4 bolts that bolt the axle on the diff housing?

Probably ok if they are 8mm or bigger bolts.

As for a minimum thickness, there isn't a set minimum. The design of the bracket and what it is made of would dictate how thick it should be

If it is just a straight bracket with no offset in it and it is mild steel, I'd suggest 6mm as a minimum for a rear caliper mount

50 minutes ago, cletus said:

Probably ok if they are 8mm or bigger bolts.

As for a minimum thickness, there isn't a set minimum. The design of the bracket and what it is made of would dictate how thick it should be

If it is just a straight bracket with no offset in it and it is mild steel, I'd suggest 6mm as a minimum for a rear caliper mount

It is just a flat piece no off set .

I have decided to go 10mm and the bolts are 8mm.

So that should be sweet ay.

Thanks again man

• Like 2

Rust question .

Have the b1600 ready to start rust repairs, need to do the wiper cowl under the windscreen.

Wellside is mint, but the tray is rusty, holes and gaps.All the mounting points are sweet, it's just the floor, do I need to sort that before going for a wof ? or do they class that as not a structural part ?

Is no different to when you take the tough deck out of a modern falcon ute.

Will sort it one day, just want to get a wof and start using it .

fuel line fastening query

HCTM doesn't differentiate mounting spacings for hard line vs flexible line? this seems a bit silly. like if I used the factory 5/16 hard line it has about 4 mounts each around a meter apart and that's fine because OEM, but if I run a new hard line (in larger diameter) through a different route I need mounts every 300mm? maybe there is an update I don't have?

Just seems kind of ridiculous for 1/2" stainless tubing to need supports at 300mm spacing. would probably just use flexible the whole way if I have to stick to 300mm spacing.

• Like 1

Check engine light requirement on motors swaps??

im told of an OEM ecu is used the check engine light in the original dash must work with it..?

my car doesn't have an ECU, however it does have a check engine light, witch I assume it is feed from a temp sensor and/or an oil pressure sender..?

if I'm swapping from a 3A to 7A and staying carburettor, do I need the check engine light to work like factory?

if so, if I'm using a standalone to run ign only but still staying carb. Could this be counted as not using OEM ecu??

cheers in advance

On a Land Rover im doing an engine and gearbox conversion on will it need drive shaft loops? The engine and gearbox have been changed out for an isuzu unit, the orginal transfer box has been adapted to the isuzu gearbox in its original position with standard driveshafts. The land rover engine was a 2.5 turbo diesel 112hp, the isuzu is 3.9l turbo diesel 130hp. Will also have a 50mm body lift.

A drive‐shaft safety‐loop must be fitted to a low volume vehicle with an open drive‐line, in the case of
either:
(a) any custom chassis in a rear‐drive front‐engine low volume vehicle; or
(b) any modified production chassis in a rear‐drive front engine low volume vehicle, where:
(i) the vehicle has had an engine conversion that has resulted in a significant increase in
power or torque; or
(ii) the vehicle has had its factory‐fitted engine significantly modified, such that a significant
increase in power or torque has resulted; or
(iii) the drive‐shaft fitted to the vehicle has been modified by welding

On 20/11/2017 at 09:13, Testament said:

fuel line fastening query

HCTM doesn't differentiate mounting spacings for hard line vs flexible line? this seems a bit silly. like if I used the factory 5/16 hard line it has about 4 mounts each around a meter apart and that's fine because OEM, but if I run a new hard line (in larger diameter) through a different route I need mounts every 300mm? maybe there is an update I don't have?

Just seems kind of ridiculous for 1/2" stainless tubing to need supports at 300mm spacing. would probably just use flexible the whole way if I have to stick to 300mm spacing.

Yep either oe, or 300mm max.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 00quattro00 said:

On a Land Rover im doing an engine and gearbox conversion on will it need drive shaft loops? The engine and gearbox have been changed out for an isuzu unit, the orginal transfer box has been adapted to the isuzu gearbox in its original position with standard driveshafts. The land rover engine was a 2.5 turbo diesel 112hp, the isuzu is 3.9l turbo diesel 130hp. Will also have a 50mm body lift.

In your case 50% hp or torque increase would be the tipping point for needing a loop.

I would say 2.5 to 3.9 td might be a hard sell that it is actually less than a 50% increase, especially if you have things like a larger exhaust etc