For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to get my MX5 certed with 15x8 wheels in the coming weeks.   I've been running 195/50 RE003s for a while but thats not going to cut it for the cert.  Toyo UK shows that their 215/45/R15 T1Rs are approved up to an 8" wide wheel, https://www.toyo.co.uk/tire/pattern/proxes-t1-r (click specifications).

Unfortunately Toyo NZ doesnt have a similar page on their website, and I was wondering whether or not this UK link would be enough for the certifier to accept the tyre being smaller than a 225?

10 hours ago, Transom said:

Look on eBay uk instead of .com for more rhd beam versions 

replacements for std 7" round ?

some on Ali too but the descriptions are too vague ... What side of the road does china drive on ? 

Yeah looking for smometing to replace te lights on my Mk2 golf. Got a rock though one the other day. The correct h4 hella unit is shit and expensive. Thought LED might be cool. 

• Like 1

Bent drag links, certifiable? The joints on the end of my drag link bind up when at full suspension travel, if i put 2 bends in it so it becomes sort of a "s" shape ( its a solid bar like 25mm round) to get around the joints binding (it will be a new custom drag link not a bent oem one) or can a single shear high misalignment heim set up be certed?

• Like 1

I bought a cheap Chinese 5&3/4 Harley one for my postie bike. Looks terrible, seems to work OK. 

Very flat fog light-ish low beam, narrow focused high beam. Has a DOT etc rating on it (may not mean anything because China)

Haven't had it on a beamsetter yet or put it through a WOF but feel confident it'll be fine.

IMG_20170917_145455.jpg

Just put 4 of these in a car? Wired to comply with rules of course