For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

quick question, 

im running a new efi fuel line on the corona. and have a couple of questions. i was just going to use the original hard line as the return, but it breaches some cert regulations (proximity to driveshaft, and probably exhaust) do i need to move this, or is it okay since its factory. im picking not okay. 

and secondly, it says secure it ever 300mm. but doest not state what to secure it with. my car has tons of metal fold over tang things for brake lines and fuel lines. but im picking these arnt legal to use? and i should use riv nuts and pclips etc?

cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to fit headlights from a facelift gx61 chaser onto a pre facelift, this requires cutting front panel from circular to oval around where the lights go so they can slide across., I have the correct panel to use as a jig, is this legal to do?

i would say yes is do able, would need cert though.

quick question, 

im running a new efi fuel line on the corona. and have a couple of questions. i was just going to use the original hard line as the return, but it breaches some cert regulations (proximity to driveshaft, and probably exhaust) do i need to move this, or is it okay since its factory. im picking not okay. 

and secondly, it says secure it ever 300mm. but doest not state what to secure it with. my car has tons of metal fold over tang things for brake lines and fuel lines. but im picking these arnt legal to use? and i should use riv nuts and pclips etc?

cheers

if it is a factory line, secured in factory locations/clips, then the 300mm thing doesnt matter.

fit a heatshield if its close to exhaust

p clips are a good way of securing, rivnuts could go into chassis rail

Question for Clint.

I cut the roof off my Subaru Outback but now it wont get a wof.

Would this be easy to get certed ?

All the structual crap is there.

If i tidy the edges up can you see any reason why i couldn't get you to do your magic on it ?

Ta Bowl

2j0azw1.jpg

5wbkp2.jpg

• Like 3

As of 1 December you don't need a high level stop light on pre-1990 vehicles

The Associate Minister of Transport, Hon Craig Foss
, has signed into law 13 amendment Rules that
make minor changes to existing Land Transport Rules

The changes to Vehicle Lighting 2004 ....

remove an requirement to fit high mounted stop lamps to vehicles registered or manufactured before 1 January 1990

http://www.ecos.co.nz/files/Omnibus_Amendment_2016.pdf

Means I don't need to keep the (detached) high level light under the seat of the Mercury I suppose.

• Like 5

When did high stop lights become compulsory as a retro-fit on old cars? I remember when they were first a thing in NZ in the early '80s all the talk was about how all new cars had to have them.

They had to be fitted depending on first registration date in NZ, so didn't need to be retro fitted to old NZ cars, but anything imported had to have them.

• Like 1

When did high stop lights become compulsory as a retro-fit on old cars? I remember when they were first a thing in NZ in the early '80s all the talk was about how all new cars had to have them.

It used to be that even if the car was old, if it was first registered in NZ after 1990 it needed a high stop lamp. So silly having to retro fit something on one car but not an identical one that happened to be registered in nz prior to 1990.

Can't recall exactly when it happened but I've been pinged on it before. It's also been missed before on WOF checks simply due to the crazy nature of it.