For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would interpret it as = if it bolts straight in, ok. (ie if you un bolt it from the supercustom, walk over to the 4x4 one, and bolt it in)

if you have to make anything/bolt brackets together/modify seat in any way, needs cert.

seatbelts are another thing to think of- if the buckles are attached to any part of the seat frame, then the seatbelts are affected, and needs cert

in reality there is not many situations where you can change seats without the need for cert.

• Like 2

Hey Clint

I just messaged Chris and asked if he could remember how the struts were made. He seems to think it was the spigot method.

Im kinda thinking of having him do the same to my Starion struts so everything from the spigot up on the Sigma struts will swap over.

Whats the deal when it comes to cert? Im assuming the weld can be mig'd and no need for testing?

if all you do is fit an adjustable sleeve over the top of a factory length strut, that isnt shortened, then it can be MIG

anything else has to be done as per the standard, ie, diameter of the oe strut up inside the adjustable sleeve, fully weld around the base, plug welds further up, TIG and NDT

2.2 (28)

http://lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Suspension_Systems.pdf

• Like 1

Hi, nephew's bought a dereg swb S3 landrover as a toy to play with & probably get back on the road eventually, which prompts the question- as its a ute model, after getting a cert are we able to change the ute cab to a full wagon top or run it topless any time. 

Im guessing there could be issues with top seatbelt mount location & running topless removes that mount altogether.

Other issue is theres 1 set of rims that look to have been widened , can see a weld bead around the rim, i dont think they'd be legal for the road.

The fun bit is it came with a 4.1 alloy head falcon motor attached to the landy box we just have to finish  the swap the previous owner started.

• Like 1

Hey Clint thanks for the clarification on all that. While i get things all sorted I was hoping to do some stuff before I head back up north like the body mount and cutting my flares. I was thinking that i will need to renew my WOF in January a will not likely be done with the Cert. So i was wondering would I be able to get a warrant with the mount cut and welded or should i leave this to the last mods.

Thanks again Clint 

This is the method I would be using pretty much (Its the same as my hilux Chassis)

or this for more clearance from the tire.\

FB_IMG_1476774721075_zpsbatypcyg.jpg

FB_IMG_1476774730120_zpsur6bisvp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Clint thanks for the clarification on all that. While i get things all sorted I was hoping to do some stuff before I head back up north like the body mount and cutting my flares. I was thinking that i will need to renew my WOF in January a will not likely be done with the Cert. So i was wondering would I be able to get a warrant with the mount cut and welded or should i leave this to the last mods.

would need cert for this mod