For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet and on the topic can adjustable uppers be certed? Because if it needs a cert id prefer go this way. Thinong of something like these. http://www.fjc-mag.com/latest-news/spc-light-racing-launches-new-greasable-toyota-upper-control-arms

Or a cast design with adjusment like these. http://www.performancesuspension.com.au/4x4-suspension/p-toyota-hilux-prado-fj-cruiser-4wd-front-adjustable-upper-contol-arms-p-p-psrhil-012-p.html

hey I just brought an old set of what I would call "cheviot hustler" mags, which are the wrong 5 stud pattern for my bitchn 83 L300 low top, however they don't have any markings on them/brand name etc,

my question is; are these able to get a cert given they don't have a brand/id etc? and if I can, can I run adaptors for them?

cheers max

Hey cletus do cast I beam axles need to be tested by LVVNZ or can I take it to an approved place to get it checked?

good question, ive just spent 30 min looking through the LVV website and cant find where it says anything about it.

As far as i know it has to be done by LVVTA

• Like 1

hey I just brought an old set of what I would call "cheviot hustler" mags, which are the wrong 5 stud pattern for my bitchn 83 L300 low top, however they don't have any markings on them/brand name etc,

my question is; are these able to get a cert given they don't have a brand/id etc? and if I can, can I run adaptors for them?

cheers max

i sold a set of those recently and im sure there was something on the back side of the rim. Have you got any pics?

Adapters can be certed if they meet all the requirements

good question, ive just spent 30 min looking through the LVV website and cant find where it says anything about it.

As far as i know it has to be done by LVVTA

Magoos even sed the new $699 Superbell axles they sell need to be checked at the buyers cost.

I will ring LVV and ask 

• Like 1

heres a pic of them, 3 of them look to be 'fakes' and one of them a genuine cheviot,

vybbgavv.qwa.jpg

I paid only $100 for them, mate I brought them off is handy with his mill and will make the centres all match. 
so do mags with no id on them pass cert? or am i better off to give them back? 
cheers. 

Engine swap cert question

Pcv valve and plumbing is needed from what I have read

Can I run rocker cover Pcv valve hose into a non vented catch can and then into aircleaner?

Or does it have to be plumbed into the inlet manifold?

Thanks

• Like 1

heres a pic of them, 3 of them look to be 'fakes' and one of them a genuine cheviot,

vybbgavv.qwa.jpg

I paid only $100 for them, mate I brought them off is handy with his mill and will make the centres all match. 
so do mags with no id on them pass cert? or am i better off to give them back? 
cheers. 

i just went through the standard, and theres nothing that says they must have the brand cast or machined into them, but you would have to ID who made them.

• Like 1

Engine swap cert question

Pcv valve and plumbing is needed from what I have read

Can I run rocker cover Pcv valve hose into a non vented catch can and then into aircleaner?

Or does it have to be plumbed into the inlet manifold?

Thanks

If i was checking that it would be ok, not all modern engines have a vacuum operated pcv system, so a breather pipe into the air filter would be acceptable. Diesels are a good example, no vacuum means they dont have a PCV valve

someone with a sense of humor has written in the definition section....

http://lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Exhaust_Gas_Emissions.pdf

• Like 2

to save a click (and took me a bit to find it)

Positive crankcase ventilation

means a system which re-directs crankcase blow-by to the intake manifold and back to the engine, where it is re-burned in the cylinders as part of the fuel/air mixture. This cuts emission pollution and increases fuel economy because partially or un-burned fuel in the blow-by is consumed the second time around, in addition to keeping the blow-by and water vapour from fouling the oil in the crankcase, thus reducing the formation of engine sludge. Positive crankcase ventilation is also an essential aid against internal engine pressurisation and subsequent oil leaks - which is particularly handy if your engine was manufactured in England.

• Like 7