For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume a check engine light for a cert doesn't need to be anything more than just a light?

IE, doesn't need a label or a check engine symbol on it?

I just had to provide a letter form the company that modified my ecu to say it had been modified and the check engine light function was not functional and that was ok for a cert.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The VIRM states that a horn must be easily operated from the driver’s seating position.

I assume this means it is okay to have a button in the dash as opposed to on the wheel.

I wish to relocate the horn to a button in the dash due to 1) never using it and 2) having consent problems with the contact ring in the hub.

Thanks. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

what would be my best option i have been told that my brake pedal has failed.

got this email back from lvvta

Unfortunately this extension wasn’t granted.

From the photos submitted, Justin was able to see that the brake pedal doesn’t meet the HCTM requirements for being fail safe in the event of weld failure.

so i have to find a new certifier with 1 d qualification  my options are construct another pedal up to the requred standard or scrap the lot and fit a wilwood pedal box  which means building a bracket to hold the pedal box as well.
does anyone have a copy of the hobby car manual about brake pedal construction? trying to weigh up my options

In the HCTM it says the pedal has to be a single piece of material (except for pad), with any welded bosses to be fail-safe - i,e, braking is still possible if weld breaks.

Any sort of offset system requires written approval from the TAC.

I might have to deal with this too, unless I get a special pedal machined from a pig lump of metal (which would be $$$).

Have you got a pic of what you are doing?

• Like 1

Clint, do you charge to inspect a certain part on a car before it goes thru the cert process? To see if all is ok or should be done another way?

Im unsure about the brake lines on my adjustable suspension

chuck up a pic on here if you can.

otherwise yes we do charge to come and have a look, we get a lot of  "can you just quickly pop in and have a look"

i usually tell people if its not structural stuff that we need to inspect before the car is put back together, ie chassis welding etc, you are better to do the proper cert inspection so you get a complete list of what you need to do, rather than me coming and having a "just quickly pop in and have a look" , telling you to do a, b, and c, then doing the full inspection, and then telling you  you need to do d, e and f as well. it just ends up costing you more because of an additional visit

Tried searching this thread but couldn't find anything regarding custom brake caliper brackets, whats the requirements for material and thickness?  Cheers

there isnt a set thickness, it would depend on the design as to what thickness it would have to be

this

what would be my best option i have been told that my brake pedal has failed.

got this email back from illuminati aliens

Unfortunately this extension wasn’t granted.

From the photos submitted, Justin was able to see that the brake pedal doesn’t meet the HCTM requirements for being fail safe in the event of weld failure.

so i have to find a new certifier with 1 d qualification  my options are construct another pedal up to the requred standard or scrap the lot and fit a wilwood pedal box  which means building a bracket to hold the pedal box as well.
does anyone have a copy of the hobby car manual about brake pedal construction? trying to weigh up my options

bzfrttye.tln.jpg

z0pqg32s.xkw.jpg

hqzzenpj.rje.jpg
kj4e13zf.v2l.jpg

zjf1u23n.zdp.jpg
kcidyeor.mvo.jpg

kwo2tyin.qvo.jpg
xdam5tes.vsn.jpg