For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

I spoke to my friend who does WOFs and he thought it would be an issue without engineer's report etc. Plus some other things I found suggested the same.

Here is a photo, the red lines are a general indication of where I'd be cutting. However it won't really work anyway as the bottle outlet would probably be too close/in the chassis leg with more than in inch recess so it invalidates this whole procedure.

25773415193_afa437ec60_b.jpg

Still keen on an answer to this tbh.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt want to say 100% without seeing it, would probably be ok if the car is pre frontal impact requirements,  and its not a big cut out

you can notch a chassis rail for susp clearance, i cant see why you couldnt apply the same thinking

• Like 2

I want to build a motorcycle like this would it be poassable to cert something like this in NZ?  I see the V8 bosshoss is poassable to get on the road but its 1/4 the length,  I want to run a non crossflow falcon 6 and auto trans

033115-harley-davidson-milwaukee-eight-w

• Like 2

Fuck me a Coon 6 would look lost in a bike that big!! Maybe a triple engined one 3 XR6 Turbo engines, air ride. Actually it would look good in the next Mad Max movie

I want to build a motorcycle like this would it be poassable to cert something like this in NZ?  I see the V8 bosshoss is poassable to get on the road but its 1/4 the length,  I want to run a non crossflow falcon 6 and auto trans

• Like 1

Fuck me a Coon 6 would look lost in a bike that big!! Maybe a triple engined one 3 XR6 Turbo engines, air ride. Actually it would look good in the next Mad Max movie

This bike has a Chevrolet 4 cylinder motor in it, I think this motor is the same as a GMH Starfire

• Like 1

i dunno, i dont deal with bikes. Alex Gee would be the man to talk to. 027 264 7282

• Like 2

Hey Clint,

I know rwd chassis notches are fine but what about fwd?

2000 mk4 golf gti. It's certed for coilovers but the possibility of fitting airbags is on the cards.

In Germany and 'Merica they hole saw a 40mm(ish) hole so the axels don't hit while at full slam.

Do you think this could be certified here?

RHiBSpQ_zps7ha62mks.jpg

• Like 1

would be affecting the cars ability to crumple?

this. i would imagine it would make the chassis fold under at that point

if its a frontal impact compliant vehicle, i would say no go.

if it wasnt i would check with LVVTA first but would think it would still not be allowed