For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question,

I'm going for a revin soon with a car I own, The rego lapsed 2005, before I owned it. The guy I bought it off I don't think was the last registered owner, so, is there a generic decleration form I can fill out and get signed by a Justic of the peace?

this is what I did last time with spencers old crown, but the AA gave me the form to fill out, I have not seen a form the same from Vinz where we take our cars now.....

Ideas?

• Like 1

actually found what I was looking for

1.2 Entitlement to register

The following documents may be used as proof of a clear ownership trail for a vehicle undergoing the re-registration process:

a signed receipt from the last registered owner

an original buyer tax invoice from some auction organisations as detailed in Reference material 69)

a signed statutory declaration. Note that there is no set format, but a statutory declaration must include the following statements:

1. ‘Solemnly and sincerely declare/affirm that’, and

2. ‘I make this solemn declaration conscientiously declaring the same to be true and by virtue of the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957’.

In all cases the person presenting the vehicle for re-registration must be the person listed on the supplied documentation and the following information must also be listed:

the vehicle’s make, model, VIN/chassis number

date of purchase

Name and address of seller (in the case of a Turners Auctions invoice, the Turners Auctions letterhead is acceptable).

According to this, I do not need a JP to sign it,

however, I do need a name and address of the seller, However, I guess this could be anyone really.........

• 2 weeks later...

I have relocated the battery to the boot.

The cable is quite large and thus the bend over the crossmember shows up through the carpet.

is it okay to cut a hole in the crossmember in order to route the cable through, or is this considered a structural change?

It already has several holes from the factory, just not in convenient places for me.

DSCF1298_zps0sqllpqj.jpg

• Like 1

I'm trying to install S13 coilovers into a 280Z, I've done it before on my car and I modified some other control arms to fit but that meant changing the sway bar and the radius rods. The problem is the angle of the ball joints, the Z ones are straight and the S13 ones are angled. Do you think it would be okay to make an adaptor out of steel (something like 10 - 12mm thick) and use S13 press in ball joints and the bolt them in place of the standard ball joints?

Something like this - it's not dimensioned correctly but gives you an idea.

Ball%20joint%20adaptor_zpseugq8dep.jpg

Plus one of these:

$_1.JPG

Instead of this:

steering-joint-DBJ200B1.gif

• Like 1

351c into XF falcon.

Because XE came out with a v8 and had the exact same brakes etc (as far as im aware) will i have to upgrade anything to get a cert apart from a driveshaft loop? No engine/trans mounts have to be modified or anything, so easy because the previous models had them factory.

• Like 3

I have. 

I used all XD V8 parts for the conversion (mounts, crossmember, Radiator etc). A V8 will NOT simply drop into an XF due to Ford deciding to fit an extra speed to the fan/heater assembly. XFs have a hump in the firewall on the right hand side. You will either need to replace this part of the firewall with a section from an XD or XE and then fit the XD/XE heater box under the XF dash. Or if you're rough you can bash the firewall hump with a hammer to allow enough clearance for the V8. Not all XF falcons had this problem however due to Ford's silly Australian way of building cars so some actually had the earlier XE firewall with no hump. In this case you simply have to relocate the heater hoses. The guy who bought it off me took it for a cert and from memory he failed on the lack of a driveshaft loop, front brakes not up to standard (they actually are, he had shitty pads and a lot of air in the braking system). He passed once he fitted a loop, changed the front pads for non-rubbish one and bled the brakes. The car was fitted with a one-piece driveshaft.

You are correct, the six cylinder XF and the V8 XE share the same brakes. When the XE 'lost' the V8 option, Ford began to phase in the newer alloy front brake caliper. This was used on all XF Falcons and the last of the XE falcons. They are okay but are known for having flexing issues just like the Holden alloy calipers of the same era. They're fine but the cast iron calipers have a much better feel.

Alloy calipers are lighter but most Falcon builders throw them away in favour of either the earlier cast iron calipers or aftermarket ones.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...