For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Ive been "searching the net" for information in regards to fitting an SRS system to a non equipted SRS vehicle but theres sweet FA information.

Has anyone seen anything like this done befor ?  Clint ?

I think the idea of retrofitting an airbag steering wheel and passengers airbag is a great idea. 

It may even be something that becomes mandatory with LVV certification on certain vehicles in the future. Scratch builds maybe ?  (i hope not)

Electronically its all very possible using OEM parts, but Ideally an electronics manufacturer needs to make an after market module that all the sensors plug into.

Sensors such as speed, ocupency, safety belt etc etc

Ive never had anyone want to do it, and as far as i know there arent any rules around it, probably because of a lack of anyone wanting to.

I would imagine you could, if you could somehow prove it would work properly, as anyone wanting to improve safety in a vehicle is generally encouraged rather than discouraged

At my old job we had an aftermarket airbag/steering wheel unit that could be fitted to any car on display, we never sold a single one.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and this

11. A lamp must provide sufficient light output to indicate to other road users the presence and dimensions of the vehicle.

12. A lamp must emit light that is visible from a distance of 200m in normal darkness.

13. A retrofitted mandatory lamp must be visible within angles of 15˚ above and below the horizontal, and within 45˚ inboard and 80˚ outboard.

• Like 1

Quick and dirty one for you lot. Looking at a van, has classic early 90's mitsi roof rust, looks to be all surface.

Am I going to have issues come wof time if I buff it away and paint it? Or is it less hassle for me if I get the local crack head panel beater to do it and fill out a bit of paper?

What is the legality of cutting a hole in the roof of a wagon. Similar to a sunroof but without the glass lol any way to make it legal ie removable steel cover etc.

if you are not removing any structure, ie roof skin only, and its done properly, sharp edges covered, something around the edge of the hole to stop it flopping around etc then cant see an issue with that,

Glazing removal

16. OE glazing that affects the structural integrity of the vehicle (eg bonded glazing) has been permanently removed but the vehicle has not been certified to the LVV Code and is not fitted with a valid LVV certification plate, or the operator is not able to produce a valid modification declaration or authority card.

So if it is not structural glass (which it wont be in a beetle) it can be permanently removed.

• Like 1