For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a troll. Have you got any genuine questions R100?

Despite his obvious lack of subtlety it's obvious to most of us R100 is anything but trolling. It's obvious the point he's trying to make (one that the majority of the end users of our existing "cert" system would agree to) is that trying to build a car that conforms to the "opinion" of the designated certifier can sometimes reach the point of being nothing short of ludicrous. 

By all means disagree with him, (I for one love a robust debate) but dismissing him as being a "Troll" possibly says more about you than it does about R100's opinions.

• Like 3

So to carry on from this so as not to clutter VGs thread

this.

when we cert an engine swap we have to check the emission side of things

if its efi, it has to have all the things it had when it was in the factory application, ie check light, oxy sensor, TPS, etc etc

aftermarket ecu just has to have whatever its designed to have

carb just has to run right

If you swap an engine with a cat, multiple oxy sensors, EGR etc into another car it is required to have all that junk operational in order to pass the cert if running the factory ECU, but if you fit an after market ECU you can ditch it all?

kind of

2.4 in here=

http://lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Exhaust_Gas_Emissions.pdf

its very basic really, i find usually the only thing with a factory ecu set up that isnt wired up is the check light, as the other things need to be there for it to run properly

the requirements for cats were relaxed a couple of years ago to line up with the WOF rules

the requirements for cats were relaxed a couple of years ago to line up with the WOF rules

A buddy is in the process of turboing his '98 Supra and building a new exhaust is one of the things he is doing. Will it most likely come down to the certifier as to whether or not he needs to add a cat when building the new system? From factory it had one.

Ive been "searching the net" for information in regards to fitting an SRS system to a non equipted SRS vehicle but theres sweet FA information.

Has anyone seen anything like this done befor ?  Clint ?

I think the idea of retrofitting an airbag steering wheel and passengers airbag is a great idea. 

It may even be something that becomes mandatory with LVV certification on certain vehicles in the future. Scratch builds maybe ?  (i hope not)

Electronically its all very possible using OEM parts, but Ideally an electronics manufacturer needs to make an after market module that all the sensors plug into.

Sensors such as speed, ocupency, safety belt etc etc

Ive been "searching the net" for information in regards to fitting an SRS system to a non equipted SRS vehicle but theres sweet FA information.

Has anyone seen anything like this done befor ? Clint ?

I think the idea of retrofitting an airbag steering wheel and passengers airbag is a great idea.

It may even be something that becomes mandatory with LVV certification on certain vehicles in the future. Scratch builds maybe ? (i hope not)

Electronically its all very possible using OEM parts, but Ideally an electronics manufacturer needs to make an after market module that all the sensors plug into.

Sensors such as speed, ocupency, safety belt etc etc

beecham jags have all the airbags etc fitted , no mention on the cert plate though so I assume its a grey area ? odd though cause no crumple zone which is key to frontal impact regs on later stuff (bullbar or intercoolers etc are often an issue on Srs equiped cars)

• Like 2

Start a different thread if you want to dump on the LVV system or make assumptions about people you don't know to support your own agenda.

This thread is for information.

LOL; attacking the person because you disagree with their opinion is anything but informative.

That aside I've enjoyed reading the thread, there is some great information here.