For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

should have been on A class rego if you were doing work for wof,

council has reimbursed me for a wof fine when I pointed out it was legally allowed to be on the road

outside a repairers workshop with its A reg and no wof.

I also sent them a letter explaining that I could not afford to pay an unjust fine and that legal aid to fight it would cost all taxpayers.

Then politely asked them to look into the legitimacy of fining a vehicle that was correctly registered without a wof.(my interpretation vs. their interpretation)

I received a letter back a week later saying my fine had been waived due to the correct registration being in displayed.

Bad news for you is pay the fines or plead broke $1 a week

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a cert-ish question,

Today I was monkeying with Karl's pinto, seeing how the blower will fit.

And a query appeared to me,

With a draw through carby supercharged engine, where would a cert guy like to see the vacuum tee'd off for the brake booster?

I thought about this some,

And on over-run, with the throttle blades closed; the manifold after the charger would be in vacuum. However, when on boost (ie, when doing a staging burnout) the booster would be under boost, making the pedal heavier/less brakes.

Yet the manifold (For want of a better word) between the blower and the carb would see ruthless vacuum on over-run (when most braking is done) as the blower would be sucking like your mum against the closed throttle blades. And when dropping a fat skid, (as in heating up the tyres for a drag race at a sanctioned off street motorsport type event  :wink: ) the booster may still see vacuum due to the "venturi" style vacuum generated by the "pump" hauling air though the carby. (Same principal which facilitates the need for externally referencing the powervalve in drawthrough aplications.

Maybe I've answered my own question, but I'm half cut, so the input of a pro would be nice.

Chur.

I'm thinking we'll probably use the carb plenium from a stock inlet manifold, TIG'd to part of the SC14 inlet flange to mount the carb. (To begin with, untill funds can be raised for a nice 45mm sidey) This part already has the nipple for the booster as part of it. Even in a barge like a MK5, space will be at a premium.

Whats the go with brake upgrades for engine swaps? Is it just common sense when you need to upgrade? Ill be certing the 120y eventually and it will have an A15 (only about 15hp up on the original A12), so will I need to upgrade the brakes?

Cheers

I can't remember the exact method, but it involves accelerating up to some speed (100kph?) and then heavily braking back down to something slower and repeated a few times without the brakes fading / failing. Obviously the more powerful the engine the less time between braking cycles.

up to 50% power increase= 3, 100-0 kph stops under 4.4 seconds

over 50% power increase= 5, 100-0 kph stops under 4.4 seconds

things that make cars struggle to pass

• drums on the front
  • shitty brake pads
  • solid brake discs
  • worn brake discs
  • big wheels
  • extra weight

• 2 weeks later...