For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Possibly a reask but am getting confused hunting for answers

With transmission xmembers and mounts are there any guidelines to be aware of when making one? any minimum amount of rubber or such needed to isolate it from the xmembers? Minimum number of mounting points ect?

Just wanna get it cert friendly. I am currenty thinking something similar to KKs mount on his wagon? And any guidelines for welding?

Thanks in sdvance

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly a reask but am getting confused hunting for answers

With transmission xmembers and mounts are there any guidelines to be aware of when making one? any minimum amount of rubber or such needed to isolate it from the xmembers? Minimum number of mounting points ect?

Just wanna get it cert friendly. I am currenty thinking something similar to KKs mount on his wagon? And any guidelines for welding?

Thanks in sdvance

heres the engine and drivetrain standard.

it doesnt tell you specifically how to make a gbox xmember but it is what we have to go off when checking the car.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Engine_&_Drive-train_Conversions.pdf

What is the legalty of lightening door frames on road cars like drilling lots of holes in frame with holesaw

you cant weaken the structure of the door so you wouldnt be able to go too mental with the holesaw around the door frame, like near the hinges or catch etc

heres the engine and drivetrain standard.

it doesnt tell you specifically how to make a gbox xmember but it is what we have to go off when checking the car.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Engine_&_Drive-train_Conversions.pdf

In regards to  2.4(3) A gearbox fitted to a low volume vehicle must use the same flexiblemounting or solid-mounting system that is used for the mounting of the engine.

I have urethane engine mounts and rubber gearbox mount. Do I need to make both the same? (I'm trying to get rubber mounts for the engine at the mo cos the urethane ones are pretty harsh/near solid)

Probably covered sorry, but when using keepers do you need the locator rings even if they dont fit over the shock body? Thanks

Yes, get the correct type of locating rings.

There are types that locate on the OD of the spring, rather than the ID.

Like these from Proflex:

2326787671_5906b62391.jpg

i see plenty of adjustables with nothing to hold the spring away from the thread, so assumed it wasn't an issue. 

spring fouling on shock body = fail/wrong/danger

keepers without locators = fail/wrong/danger

sweet that is all i needed to hear, thanks

^sweet, since everything else i've seen is fucked, is it ok to run keepers above the spring? they'd fit easily there and should stop way before anything fouls 

I have a question about my exhaust. 

I am going to book cert soon (next week or so) but not sure if my exhaust will cause a fail because of the height it sits. On the recheck paper, nothing about the exhaust was mentioned but it still hangs rather low. Will this be an issue?

^sweet, since everything else i've seen is fucked, is it ok to run keepers above the spring? they'd fit easily there and should stop way before anything fouls 

keeper can go above the spring.

all adj platform suspension has something to stop the spring binding on the strut or moving off the spring seat, unless its some huckery home made thing

I have a question about my exhaust. 

I am going to book cert soon (next week or so) but not sure if my exhaust will cause a fail because of the height it sits. On the recheck paper, nothing about the exhaust was mentioned but it still hangs rather low. Will this be an issue?

there isnt a rule about how low an exhaust can be. however it still must be safe to drive etc....this means if it bottoms out all the time under normal driving then that would fail