For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest - i5oogt -

That sounds pretty ridiculous (rings a bell though). So I'd cancel the rego and have to go through the revin process?

I may just be nuts enough to do this...

wouldn't you just personalise the plate number you wanted to use instead of a cancel and revin?

Guest MRWEST

is anyone likely to notice the difference corrollagt? eg if it already says brake mod on yoru plate is the wof man likely to know its not thee brakes you had on for cert if its all decently fitted???

Cletus arent they or werent they meant to be changing the rules so you can get more changes done following the original cert or not?

My other question is, is a wof and/or a vin man likely to notice a 350 chev in place of a 283? THey are both SB Chev obviously? Is it likely theyd check numbers or something like that?

Guest MRWEST

Also say you were going to do a conversion to another engine from the norm and bought some off the shelf mounts from overseas, is there some requirements on thickness of plate etc,

Or am i better off to get some made here?

I think if your boot is completely sealed off from the cabin you can simply bolt a standard battery in there without a box, but that could be wrong.

There's also regulations on the battery mounts too. Ya have to use certain sized bolts with certain sized steel etc etc. Cannot recall what they are. I think Keegan knows.

• Like 1

is anyone likely to notice the difference corrollagt? eg if it already says brake mod on yoru plate is the wof man likely to know its not thee brakes you had on for cert if its all decently fitted???

Cletus arent they or werent they meant to be changing the rules so you can get more changes done following the original cert or not?

My other question is, is a wof and/or a vin man likely to notice a 350 chev in place of a 283? THey are both SB Chev obviously? Is it likely theyd check numbers or something like that?

it was proposed that the cert plates/system was going to be changed to allow certs to be 'updated' cheaper. from memory it was canned due to being too complicated.

as for your engine, depends on the vin guy, there are little differences but only would be noticed by someone who knows a bit about sb chebbys. i can id an early engine from what it looks like but still coudnt tell you the difference between a 265/283/327, even more difficult if its been modified

Also say you were going to do a conversion to another engine from the norm and bought some off the shelf mounts from overseas, is there some requirements on thickness of plate etc,

Or am i better off to get some made here?

there isnt a specific material requirement for engine mounts, depends on application and design

Whats the minimum wide tyre i can run with my 8 inch 13's i guess my 185's will be out the window?

according to the lvvta sheet a 215/50/13 or 225/55/13

might be better off looking at falkens and seeing what their fitment range is like