For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest capone

The virm says s type (static lap and diagonal) but there are notes of for vehicles less than rare 2000 kg and OEM can be retained. So alot of US vehicles don't need belts it seems but I can't seem to get anyone to agree.

Guest CaMpylobacter

lol. batter yin bott may not be cert. It was when i did it though? :?

either way. got it all done. put belts back in the rear to please him (he wont budge on it) and will set him straight/have a fizz once there's a sticker on the window. pretty lol how out of 4 fail items, 2 of them aren't actually an issue, and are misinterpretation/stubborn-ness on the inspectors part. Hopefully this place isn't going from good joker to homo!

Guest SHGWAG

Clint, this may or may not be the place to get into it, but I was reading through the VIRM the other night and found an interesting comment on exhaust noise.

It states that after a police officer has deemed a car to be too loud, an Objective noise test must be carried out before the car can get a wof again.

Also, the law states that it is up to a police officer's opinion / guess if your exhaust is too loud.

So, this means that even if you do everything right - get an ONT(and don't modify the exhaust afterwards), get pulled up by a Cop who is a prick, get stickered, you have to undergo another ONT and Sticker WOF.

I think that this is a bit shit really.

Guest SHGWAG

Well, it's currently 110db LOLS.

Need ONT for cert.

FUCK THE POLICE! etc...

Actually most cops are reasonable and if treated with respect will do so in kind.

• Like 1

Guest RUNAMUCK

I have a mate who's batty got pinged a few hours after passing a VTNZ wof. And shit sounds much louder in their building too. He did proclaimeth, that it was gayer than full blown aids.

Guest cletus

Clint, this may or may not be the place to get into it, but I was reading through the VIRM the other night and found an interesting comment on exhaust noise.

It states that after a police officer has deemed a car to be too loud, an Objective noise test must be carried out before the car can get a wof again.

Also, the law states that it is up to a police officer's opinion / guess if your exhaust is too loud.

So, this means that even if you do everything right - get an ONT(and don't modify the exhaust afterwards), get pulled up by a Cop who is a prick, get stickered, you have to undergo another ONT and Sticker WOF.

I think that this is a bit shit really.

yes it is shit.

in practice, it hasnt really been an issue. i have done hundreds of ONT tests and never had to re do a car cause it got pinged again, this week i did have someone who got done again for noise but they had fitted a restrictor plate to pass the test, which they took out again afterwards.

surprising really as most of the cars i test end up with some sort of "most likely temporary" measure to shut them up, like a silencer or restrictor plate.

oh if anyone is getting the test done and it fails, saying "ill get some steelos/goldilocks/steel wool and jam them up there hurr durr" does not make you appear clever.

troll-face-high-resolution.png

• Like 2

This thread needs an index :)

So, as you know, i'm not a small guy... and i drive a starlet. With me in it, the seat has to go all the way back which means the seat over hangs the rear seat mount by 50%, aka most the weight. I pulled the seat out today and one of the rails is bent/broken. Gave it a tickle up with the welder, but it will def break again at some point i would assume.

Moving the seat mounting places back 2-3 inches will likely solve this issue, as the seat will no longer be over hanging the back mounts. Whats the deal with doing this? I've always heard it's a no-no, but i never understood why, or know if theres any truth to this at all

Guest BZG-Bling

Just needs a cert IIRC. Otherwise anyone could play with seat mountings. End result could be person AND seat exiting vehicle at pace. You just have to look at home weld jobs to see why this rule is a good idea.

Just jam a block of wood under the back of the seat so the weight is on that not so much the rails?

Guest Styles

I've fitted adjustable whiteline swaybars to my Celica XX Front and rear. From my interpretation of the virm the rear one will be fine, it uses the same saddles and everything as the original, but the front one uses different saddles. The wording in the VIRM is "the bar is attached to unmodified OE mounting points." - so like I say, I think the rear is sweet. But will I need a cert for the front? My interpretation is that because it mounts in the same places, using the same bolt holes etc it should be fine, but I'm just a little worried that the WOF man will get put off by the different saddles....