LSD diffs

Guest badgte

you aint going to fit a 120Y diff into a 1600 without a LOT of work ( and it would all be downgrading from your stock diff! )

120Y's have solid axle suspension in the rear...1600's have IRS!

A subby R160 LSD will pretty much BOLT into your 1600, be a bit stronger, and it's an LSD :)

disadvantages? only one I can think of ( assuming you don't have too much power for the diff ) is that I think you can only get them in a 3.7 ratio...which isn't that great.....but oh well.

Guest badgte

Im running a worked FJ20 non turbo it has about 160hp would the sub diff be sweet or should i go sumthing stronger ive done upp a few old cars and not too keen to do things twice on this 1. the standerd diff i have in it now spins both wheels with 4 people in it should i leave this diff in there or are they hard to fix if you blow them

disadvantages? only one I can think of ( assuming you don't have too much power for the diff ) is that I think you can only get them in a 3.7 ratio...which isn't that great.....but oh well.

Nah they come in a 4.1 too, my mate has one in his GT wagon.