Webers

Toucan

Thanks BigDave, not quite what I was after but a good read none the less.

I put on my 28/36 and it was running pretty rough so I was tinkering with a screw driver trying to tune it. I wasnt making any progress and so I started playing with my vaccum hoses. I had 2 outlets, one from the carb, and one from just below the carb on the intake manifold. My vac advance went from the dizzy to the outlet on the carb and the outlet on the intake manifold was just blocked off. So being adventurous I swapped the hose. Now the vac advance goes from the dizzy to the outlet on the intake manifold and I have blocked off the outlet on the carb. Would you believe it it runs smooth as!

So my question: Which outlet is it MEANT to go on? or is there no real difference?

Hope someone can understand that :lol:

I know on a few twin weber set ups in the past I ran a hose from the brake servo to the inlet manifold, but to this does not realy answer your question? Also a second hose from the carbs to just a small K+N air filter as a breather. To be honest mate, if it works better now then its they way it should be?? I can maybe dig about for some pictures and see what others have used if you like? What motor set up are you using??

This is on my 1600 crossflow with single downdraught weber 28/36.

Yea I got the one from the intake manifold to the brake booster (servo). The one I was talking about is the really small one that goes from the distributor. I guess your right though, if it goes better then it should be the right one :?

Haha thanks, I used a very similar diagram when I took the carb apart the other day. Wasnt brave enough to take it all apart at once as shown here though lol, bit by bit so that I didnt get lost, thats the way to play with carbs :wink: