re vinning 1600

sentra

hi, im david jackson, sentra off rotarymotion.

my freind has a 1600 datto ex rally car, hes spent a bit of time and cash on this shell, and doesnt want to start again, the problem is the car is de-registered, came with no papers, chassis plate, nothing, it has chassis number stamped to the firewall though, can this be used to track anything down?

what can be done (except chassis plates out of a registered wreck) to get it back road legal? noone at ltsa seem to know whats going on.

if worst comes to worst how hard is finding a completly stripped out yet still registered datsun 1600 wreck? also, any at wreckers anymore? any people with piles of parts?

cheers for anything :D

- david j.

• Like 3

Guest boostjunky

i may be able to help with the vining all they need is the number thats stamped in the firewall they will use that to get previous history then make a vin tag up for it and rivot it on - if the car passes the MR2A re reg test witch costs aprox $800 and they do go over it with that fine tooth comb all you need to do then is to take the MR2A into vtnz and pay rego and new plates - easy but huge expence

if you decide to go through with the re-reg e-mail me i can make it a shit load easier for you - boostjunky25psi@hotmail.com

Guest mongorola

hey i have a regeisterd reck but want to change it all ova to a good body i hav.,. but i thnk the good body i hav is stolen. can i just change the vin plates or do i need to have the same chassi number aswell.

ps wat stud pattern r dattos?

1600's are getting hard to find......

most 1600's don't have the number stamped on the firewall, ( but I have seen some ), so just get the little plate from the strut tower from another 510, and get it's plates......then smooth some bog over the number in the firewall

Yeah there are a few 1600's that have different types of chassis number positions. My wagon has one on the usual left strut tower position, one inside drivers door and another that you can see through the windscreen and small hole in dash on Left side like the late Holdens have!