tyres rubbing

Guest 323wagz

Guest 323wagz

My RWD 323 wagon failed its warrant because the tyres rub on the swaybar when the wheels are turned to full lock. How can I fix this, yes the wheels are the right offset and the tyres are only 195/50/15 I thought about reducing the lock ie how much the wheels can actually turn. But can't really figure out how to do it, anyone know how to do it? Or any other ideas on what to do so I can get it back on the road?

Wheel offset is only half the equation there. You could have the same offset on different width wheels and still rub.

Your problem sounds like you have too much backspace. Unless there has been some sort of suspension failure/damage the your wheels are not the correct ones to be fitting.

I have the same problem except my wheels rub when just on normally. Ive got 15mm spacers on them, and if you get cert, you get warrant and no rubbing. Only do it if your wheel bolts are long enough tho, otherwise its mad danger alert. What pattern are 323s? 4x108?

Guest 323wagz
Wheel offset is only half the equation there. You could have the same offset on different width wheels and still rub.

Your problem sounds like you have too much backspace. Unless there has been some sort of suspension failure/damage the your wheels are not the correct ones to be fitting.

Backspace? :?:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey did you end up sorting out your problem??

Sometimes reducing the steering lock can be an easy job, but there are the odd vehicles out there that just makes things difficult! If you are still having problems I might be able to have a quick look at it for you - since you are a local and all!

Guest 323wagz

yea man I sussed it out aye, just went to an engineer got him to machine me some longer lock stop things out of nylon. works pretty well just have to do a few more 3-point turns than i used to.