quick easy cheap horsepower

Hemi

well it all depends on how much work ou do to them.. theres not really a limit, think about the cosworth BDAs they used in rallys i have read of some of those engines with well over 200 hp.

and if you think about it when the 1300 and 1600s were manufactured it was nowhere near up to the quality that modern engines are produced especially the mouldings of the heads etc. so by porting polishing and other head work apparently they respond very well.

and its way cheaper

i don't know., i just reckon its worth a try... and getting a modern engine into a car such as an eskie isn't exactly easy....

think about the cosworth BDAs they used in rallys i have read of some of those engines with well over 200 hp

mm yeah but they had a couple of grand throwen at them cos of the cc limitations, i mean surely if they were aloud they would have put big engines in them,would proberly cost the same too. Dunno just pondering why you would start with the 1300 as a base?

I herd the 2lt sierra engine t/p was a "piece a piss" :D

N shouldnt u be workin jerm? Im n at teh office number crunchin

Def

yeah i wouldn't start with a 1300 .. i think 1600s all gravy though.... but yeah 2L is what i wanna get.. and it is pretty easy apparently.. just the main things are the sump which needs modding according to some people and not others .. and also to avoid that you can raise the engine mounts a little... or apparently the 2L pinto from capris is the same as all the other 2L pintos but has a different sump which fits sweet. and the other thing is the driveshaft needs to be shortened... i'm not sure if you can just use the origional 4spd manual which is what i wan't to do... anyone know?...

and the other thing is getting certs that is the main thing that sucks... the 1600 you can get away without... so i have heard... no one will ever know.

i am at work :D

not that busy today

fucking busy earlier inthe week though

Cheers

Jerm

and another thing is that alot of peope already have 1300 or 1600s and can't be botered doing a t/p. so they may aswell get as much power out of what they got... they can chuck a better carb and a decent exhaust on for fuck all money and performance is improved quite alot.

hahayeah a hemi would be sweet. fuck you would need some serious suspension mods or it would handle like a bean on wheels. a fucking fas t been though.

remember that mk1 coupe we saw at repco def? with a 302 windsor in it? now that was bad...

Guest WESTCORT

If your thinking of dropping a pinto in just let me know cause i got a classic ford with a complete guide to doin it :D, tells you everything you need and everything you need to change.

why bother with keeping the 4 speed when you can get a sierra box? just go buy a sierra and get the motor and box :P