HQ front axles

mex

Why would you bother doing that bro when you can just get sum lowered springs or even chop then if you want. I had one with a 253 and no springs, but wouldnt recomend the no springs bit.

Peace

it has a 253, soon to be replaced with freshly built 383, and curently has custom springs that lower it so the cross member is about 60mm off the ground, but they hit the bump stops all the time, so by using drop spindles(axels) and a slightly higher spring it can be just as low if not lower but still give a nice ride without slamming into the bump stops

True bro, sorry didnt realise you had already lowered it,I know exactly what you mean about the drop spindles, I was trying to find some for my gemini wagon but have to be custom.Ttry some australian websites, its more likely that theyll have it there if anywhere.

Those things (HQ's) go so low man, must look the shit. The 383 is that still a chev or is it a Chrysler cos my mate just bought a work 383 for his charger, fukn massive engine man.

yeah i have the number for a shop in oz that make them bolt striaght in, 600bucks a pair plus postage, but then i heard about using another models axels which i thought would propally be cheaper

yeah the 383 is a stroked out 350 chev still small block

and yeah it does look pretty good been that low :D

yeah thats what i thought but the other day when i was gassing up, this guy came up to me and was asking me if i knew anything about gettign spindles from another model so i thought i would ask about, just for a cheaper option ive already got prices from some shops, some shops even have an off the shelf item to do it for common models