side drafts...........?

Guest mongorola

Guest mongorola
:arrow: i just got me a 4k wanting to no wat wuld b the best side drafts to put on and wat off?? and wuld they bolt on to da 4 k or do ya need a diff manifold.

I quite often see manifolds with or without carbs to fit 4K's on the net ( trademe.co.nz ) webers and delortos are pretty much the same.....just as good as each other.....depends on mods e.t.c to the engine on what size carbs you'd want

Guest mongorola

aww yea.

i was told that 35 or 40 were wt id need i hav a bid on some 34mm twin carbs they mukini or sumthin it says they were from a 4k but origionly off a motobike. u reckon they wuld be the bizzle? wuld i be able to mod my manifold 4 em or make a new one?

Webers/Delorto's/Mikuni's/Solex's all fit on the same manifold...and are all very similar carbs.

Sorry...I'm a datto freak....lol....I don't even know how many cc's a 4k is.

But datto guys use 40 or 44mm Mikuni's ( or any of the others...Mikuni and Solex are the same brand ) on modified L20B's ( 2.0litres )

you can still buy rebuilt kits for webers and delorto's.....not sure bought the others tho

• 2 weeks later...

stay away from mulkis they are crap and the rebuild kits and manifolds are almost twice the price of webbers or delhotos, i got given a set but it would have cost me more to rebuild and set up than to buy a set of webbers that bolted straight on, you can normally pick them up for around $500 i brought my webbers for 700 came with 5k manifold linkages, they had just been rebuild and came with a spare rebuild kit for each one

and you dont want to put sidies on a std engine, it will run like a bag a shite, and fowl up you plugs real quick, you need other mods like high compresion, and to get the most out of your sidies definitly need big ports in you head(port matching), ive built a couple of quick k series engines, PM me if you want more details

The rebuild kits for Mikuni's may be more expensive but that doesnt make them a crap carburettor.

Most Datsun/Nissan people run Mikuni's, there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, the BRE 510 ran Mikuni's and it kicked ass, KPGC10 and KPGC110 2000GT-R's came out with triple Mikuni's, they also kicked ass.

Mikuni/Solex's, Weber's and Dellorto's are all essentially the same so unless you have a particular preference for one then dont worry about it and take what you can find or afford they're all essentially as good as eachother if tuned correctly.

Guest mongorola

i hav a couple of bids on trademe, (a pair of dorletos and sum mukuni) the dorletos come wif a minifold 4 a datto, u know where i could get a manifold for a 4k? i dont know for sure wats been done to ma engine but i was told its been bored out to a 1500 hell lite flywheel stage 384 cams???? the head hasnt been ported but that will b done in the near future. and i think its a 3k head. any help wuld be great.

cheers

im aware that price does not mean they are crap, but it does make them more expensive for parts, and from my own experinces with them, they got out of tune way quicker and are harder to tune, maybe im just more familia with webbers so could get them going better or somin.

Guest mongorola

yea from what i have heard the mukunis come out of tune reel quik, i did a buy now on trade me sor sum dorletos wif rebuild kits!! for 400. but need a manifold now. reckon i culd customise a standard 1?