Getting bumpers etc black again

si

After being around for 22 years now, my cars bumpers, mirrors, louvers etc have faded considerably, what ways do you ppl recommend getting them back to there orginal state?

i have tryed a few bumper/vinyl products, they dont seem to do the job though ? any ideas?

Also Vinyl roofs, what products you can recommend?

Chairs,

Si

for vinyl roofs, id recommend the bin... :lol:

nah but seriously, back to black should take care of it, otherwise "prime" it with crc, then wait till it dries a bit and wipe it off and then put on the back to black stuff, should work now

Apparently there's some stuff called "Arco" I tried to do a bit of research on it and it seems to come in a few types (Vinyl/Leather Cleaner and All purpose Cleaner) You'd probably want the All purpose. My guess is it's a Commercial/Industrial Cleaner as Apparently you can only get it at Auto Upholsterers etc. So it might be worth trying to find some of that.

And I'd have to agree.. bin the vinyl roof :lol:

ArmorAll does not and will not restore exterior vinyl or bumper plastic for an extended period of time, sure it's fine (and when I say fine I mean.. mediocre) for shit INSIDE the car because that's not subjected to the weather.. but it very quickly wears off louvres, bumpers, tyres & vinyl roof tops.

I found out about Arco through an aussie guy who found out about it through an auto upholstery guy who restores and refinishes classic cars so he knows what he's talking about.

Besides Si said he's tried a few products one would assume Armorall would be the first one to try, my guess is that he was looking for something a little less known that may work well.. hence why I did some digging and found Arco.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...