injection setup question

Guest hamish

okay, i have a 12a throwback turbo (carby fed)

and i was thinking what it would take too throw some kindof injection setup onto it, a friend of mine suggested batty injection, would that be possiable? (with some kinda 12a manifold too fit it)

or just throw some crazy ida onto it

which would go harder? 51-55 ida (sidedraft/normal) or injected?

any help would be cool

You can still run a bov and i/c in a carbi operation. Going the injection method will be more expensive.You'd nee dmore then just a manifold to get the injection working,along witht he injectors pumop and all the othe rmess thats goes with is is proberly the most difficult part;getting the ecu/computer that does the job.Then you have to completely programe it to suit your engine(maybe you could use a 13bre turbo ecu not sure, but thatw ould have to be remaped)Your car would spend alot of time on the dyno geting sorted so it woudl run.Sorting out boost/fuel/igintion maps ect. Which is generally quiet expensive , recon its bit too much hassel unless your going hard core dragger/ and you got a bit opf money/ time.

Other wise carbi would be sweet. The aussie dyson rotary drag car that held the title of fastest rota was carbi and that had a fucking cunky i/c.

Basicly wit carby theres two methods, blow through, where the trubo is befor the carbi, or suck through, where the carbi comes after the turbo(what youve got)

With a blow through you can easlly plumb in and ic and bov.

(not bov is oly to reduce lags int he turb so has no aplictaion on a suck through ast there is no butterfly to prevent boost/cause back pressure ont he turb's compressor) the i/c would just go between the turbo and carbi (sorta like the injected method, if you imagine the carbi as the throttel body)

basicly and injected engine will always be smother then a carbi fed engine,but take a lot off work to get right, most of which you'll have to pay some one to do for you.

Talking cost versus benifit in you situation porberly carbi would be the way to go.

Def'

• 4 months later...

now im oldskool and still drive plenty of carby cars and they do there job have there place blah blah blah, but basicly a carb is a simple metering device which really has no control over itself other then what it is set to and what your foot tells it to do, injection creates far more potential for power as it is smart and has millions of sensors on your motor telling it when to lean out and richen up makeing for both far better econmy and power.

but then again with a rotor its all or nothing when you cruiseing and they are always guna guzzle gas anyway, so you may aswell just chuck a hugemungus carb on it.

peace