Buyers guide to MKV cortinas

Guest Tea Bag

Buyers guide -

** Keep an eye out on the following while buying a cortina **

** Front Wings/Fenders

No spray guards mean mud and water collects in the toprear corners rotting on the top face and side supports. Check also the front wing to vallence seam.

** Front Jacking point

Common is for the point to fall through the floor due to rust in the floor panel seams,

** Sills

Start corroding in the door shuts so lift the door seals. Also check inner panel around the seatbelt mounting

** Front wings/inner flitch

Unlike most fords, these bolt on but they aren't the main problem, it's the panelbehind that are. Check all the inner flitch especially the hinge panels

** Sunroof

Well, Not actually the sunroof (GHIA Models) but the water channels that lead from it. check they exit to the road and not the chassis rails, which will rot out as a consequence.

** Doors

Normally pretty good but if the drainholes aren't kept clear the bottomwill rot out.

** Rear Jacking point

The floor raises at the final 8 in the sill around the read jacking point and the back of thesill disintergrates.

** Rear Arches

Usual ford crusty area, which is easily spotted from the outside. Check also the wheel hub seams which corrode themselves apart.

** Boot Floor

Very bad area especially around the filler neck, in the back panel seams, above the silencer, wheel tub to the floor and in the spare wheel well - the bottom falls out.

** Rear Valence

Rots in the seams but is more likely to be victim of parking dings.

** Bulkhead

Rust occurs especially on the passangers side below the battery, Water combined with battery leaks mean the bulkhead to the floor seam rots, indicated by wet carpets.

** Front Valence

Not really a serious problem but stone chipping can cause this area to pepper, new panels are availble so it's an easy fix.

the good old cortina i work with a guy who is cortina mad :lol: shaved head black jeans and top mectillca fan??? says it alll BOGAN

:lol::lol: @ cortinas crack me the fuck up :wink: oh and his bro has a white one on modz :?

So long as it helps someone from not buying a lemon I am happy :)

Cortina's on steelies rok ! :twisted:

cheers

the good old cortina i work with a guy who is cortina mad :lol: shaved head black jeans and top mectillca fan??? says it alll BOGAN

:lol::lol: @ cortinas crack me the fuck up :wink: oh and his bro has a white one on modz :?

cheers

well IMHO if u buy cortina ur buyin a lemon just i'm just kiddin :lol: dun wanna get in shit with all the cortina fans i like the old ones!!! they r phat but the late 70's elry 80's r ugly and slow :rolleyes:

P.S its 2am and i'm board have nothing to do :shock: badrotors down and out if it dont fix its self andrew ant gettin it fixed :cry:

cheers

well IMHO if u buy cortina ur buyin a lemon just i'm just kiddin :lol: dun wanna get in shit with all the cortina fans i like the old ones!!! they r phat but the late 70's elry 80's r ugly and slow :rolleyes:

P.S its 2am and i'm board have nothing to do :shock: badrotors down and out if it dont fix its self andrew ant gettin it fixed :cry:

Shame about the badrotor forums... I looked at setting up a forums of some sort, but mine was going to be more how can I say.. "Pirated" wares type...

Anyways back to cortina's... Nothng slow about my MKV Infact I'd like to see an old skool car keep up with it, The only thing I would be worried about would be a Rotor or a V8 conversion. Ahh well..

No burnout last weekend too wet. :(

cheers