ROTARY DX ROLLA

bridgeport

WELL I WANT TO KNOW BOUT THA ROTOR ROLLA CONVERSION ON A KE70 SEDAN IS IT NESACERY TO CUT UP THE TRANSMISION TUNNEL

WHAT SORTA DIFF AND DRIVSHAFT COMBO TO MACH THE SERIES 1 GEARBOX AND 12A ENGINE ANYONE KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO CAN FABRICATE ENGINE MOUNTS

ALSO MY MRS IS GOING THA 4AGE ANYONE KNOW BOUT THAT CONVERSION IM LOOKING AT A CELECA 5 SPD AND A AE86 LEVIN DIFF FOR HERS ANY INFO WOULD BE GRREAT ****YOU GUYS SEE THA DX IN PERFORMANCE CAR MMM THATS THA SHIT***

Chucking rotors in DX's is easy enough. Stu **** from pram has done hundreds of the things so he sure knows his shit. But if all your doing is a simple 12A/13B(ported and carbed) with S1 box, theres no complications. Just grind the mounts off the original crossmember and fabriacte a new crossmember at the front of the engine bay that bolts to the chassis rails. You have to cut a new hole in tunnel for shifter to come thru(depending on gearbox), modify gearbox Xmember, shorten rx7 driveshaft, with new yoke to bolt up to whatever diff you decide to use in the arse. Apart from that you'll need electronic fuel pump, mabie upgraded fuel lines(depending on how thirsty she'll be), mabie driveshaft loops for cert, install oil cooler and radiator from a sev, a few other little bits and pieces and your away Braping

Guest Toymota2

putin da 4age in2 a dx is simple as.

all u need is a "A" series xmember eg ae85/86 etc, which will mount 2 the exact same bolt holes az ya stock 1.

its easier 2 start off wit a rwd 4age but it can also b done wit da fwd engine u just gotta get da engine mounts fabricated thn it will drop straight in.

if u run it on twin sidedrafts it will b easier since u dnt gotta hook up efi fuel pumpz and return lines and also a comp wit all da wiring etc.

best g/box 2 use 4 da job is a t-50 which da mounts would b a lil different so they would need a bit of work, nothin major. in mine im using a k-50 which mounts wit no modification needed but they aint as strong az da t-50.

hope dat kinda helpz :rolleyes: .

cheers guys i evpected a bit of fabrication work with the tang conversion and with the 4age

conversion it sounds peice of piss my mrs is gunna be soo happy

ill probably go carbed with hers cause weve got a limited budget but ill get a 100kw red top engine to get best bang for buck

things are looking better now !!!

Guest Lower_Rotor

the Dx conversion is a peice of piss ATE0ATE got pretty much allrite, but i have been told different things about the tunnel some people have told me you need to cut it and other say you dont need to touch it

I'd say you dont need to touch the tunnel after all UZNGAS told me that ya dont and i'd blive that since his girlfriend has BZNOUT

Guest Lower_Rotor

Oh yea and yes ive seen that dx in nzpc see it in town quite abit will nearly every weekend we allways tell him to show us what those 300horses can do and sure enough he does good on him for not being one of these people thata r like o no ive spent heapsa money i dont wanan break it for 5people kinda person really good dude

the Dx conversion is a peice of piss ATE0ATE got pretty much allrite, but i have been told different things about the tunnel some people have told me you need to cut it and other say you dont need to touch it

I'd say you dont need to touch the tunnel after all UZNGAS told me that ya dont and i'd blive that since his girlfriend has BZNOUT

if u use a auto its DX it wudbe all good if u want ur engine to sit back i mite need to mod it a lil bit