My diff's over.

w'cked

Noise, shakin', and leaky-ness, its stuffed.

So tell me what to do yall, what are my options, what should i look for, should i upgrade, do i need lsd?, what about a locker :shock: where should i go to get the stuff, is this enuff questions already?

oh yeah, my car- ke36 2dr wagn, sacked on its ass w/4k.

cherrs

-stu

If its just a 4k and you dont have much cash i'd just go for another stock diff i'm sure you could pick one up from a wrecker for fuck all. If you're keen on circle work then get it locked but you'll need to find a leniant wof place.

LSD would be sweet but a bit harsh on the old pocket, as zep said hilux ones are pretty cheap and you could get it cut down to fit.

i've heard lockers are unpredictable as, at least if its locked its locked all the time so you know you're going to be doing skids ;D

Yeh man an LSD from an AE86 will fit almost right in, just needs shortening a bit but cost alot, mine was gunna cost about $800 for the diff and brake setup, also with going that option you get disc rear brakes.

Otherwise if youre made of coin as they said a Hilux diff but the chances of you breaking that are almost Nil with a 4K :P

A locker is good fun, except when driving round corners, round hard corners at slow speeds it will probaly bounce in the wet it will carry on in a straight line when you drive round a corner, good only for a temporoary thing, but NEVER as good as an LSD.

one of my mates is sussing me a ae86 diff, think its a lsd? and hes guna hook me free labor too, hes got an old rolla too, rep'd oldschool.co.nz to him- yeeah.

Ill probly get the whole brake setup at the back too, has neone done this befo? what do i need so i can run rear wheel discs that i wont get with the diff? ill keep yall updated as progress starts.. hopefully tmoro

• 4 weeks later...

chucked a ke70 dx diff in thur and the driveshaft too(the lil joint was f'd), went in all sweet, ill hav to get a bettr one soon (read: hilux lsd), this ones just a band aid till i got heeps of bling and time, did all the work myself pretty much so it wuz a gd learnin ex neways, jus gta put the sump on my engine and im bak on the road agn 8)

fore those that care i think the dx diff has a bit wider track than the dirty30 one, by like 5cm or summn, thats gd i supose for beta handlin and look, but hopefully the 17's that are in the pipeline arent guna scrape :?

Guest nuty|mike

dont keep the 4k if ur goin hilux stick a 4age in it i happen to have one coming up for sale ill be pulling out the engine in a few weeks make me an offer and its urs itll bolt up to a k50 or t50 gb and then u have 76.8 kw dyno proven with so many more mods to go :D

no skidz till the wknd (oh pleez cargods), na sory buddy i cant get ur engine cos its got pistons... yep. the upgrade/transplants guna be wankel pwrd! dont you even know... :rolleyes: if its not a rotor its not a motor :D:D

but theres other things to do befo that. paintjob cuz the one on there at the mo is thin as, and only looks good from like 8 metres(actuallymeasured) away lol.

i think im guna have to lift my engine bout 5cm up to be able to get the sump off/sump on so im getn a endless chain tnite and m gona see if i can do the slack ass job of changing it- undo the mount things and hope for sum flex somewhere :? c how it goes tnite?

no subtitute fo cc's, lol seems weird sayn that bout a rotor, nah i jus like 13b beta than 12a for my car, no reasons why, its jus what i decided for sum reason, 13(killer)b's are wicked engines i rekon, mint power if u do it all right, gota do it right tho- fatty port :D