Whoops posted in the discussion thread not here.
There is some stuff missing in this thread between last post and to current but nothing great.
Made up some new washers to seal the fittings on carb to stop the leak. Which meant i could then fire it up and run the cam in, which highlighted a couple other problems like a nasty oil leak on the block in a cunty corner from sump block and timing cover. Alt wasnt charging correctly but that turned out to be my field wire on the reg back to front so that was easy. Also had some trouble with it overfuelling really badly, but everything pointed to something not quite right in the carb, ie not a jet or mixture incorrect.
Got more wiring of relays for lights/horns and stuff up front done.
Then this was roughly a point where it got put into storage when i moved out of auckland and had nowhere for it down here to live as sheds have been too small so said my goodbyes for while..
That brings us closer to current times.
Wow nearly another two years had passed.
Its been in storage a long time while everything i previously called life changed.
Anywho. Have finally got a round to getting this back home and wrote a long list of shit required to consider a wof check... filled half the windscreen! Lol.
Anyway got the car emptied as it was chocka full of stuff.
Its on bumps up front so need to lift it a bit.
This covid19 stuff has given me a bit of time to get started on it again. Something thats really been getting on top of me is this oil leak where the timing cover meets block meet sump. Id tried every other way to try stop the leak without just doing it properly but all id acheived was wasting that time and afair amount of money in the process. I let it get to me.
I'd finally got new gaskets and a buttload of black sealant and got too with the strip poo and reassemble. ..... have got most of it back together again. While i was waiting for sealant to dry before putting fluids back in i got onto the carb as its been overfuelling reeeeeeeally badly at idle.. like eye wateringly stingy. Even though this was a brand new item, evidently quickfuel fitted a little valve to protect the powervalve or something but turns out the ball jams and doesn't work properly. They say to remove it and will be all good. Ok so stripped the carb off and pulled the baseplate off to find the lil fucker in question.
So have punched it out and got it back together and on.
I'm not real happy with the alignment of the alternator belt. So have removed it and all the brackets to find out where its out.
Feels good to see some progress with it for a change instead of having a bad attitude for it lol hopefully get it running again over next couple days. Should have a bit more bark too now if ive fixed the overfueling situation.