chrisr's g20 van

chris r

As is the trend with this thing the alignment went well but the engineer wasn't available. Apparently some paperwork is missing but I have nfi what it is.

Possibly Tuesday for the engineer but I'm not hopeful. 

When it's complied if someone on here waves 13k in my direction they can be there proud owner of this fine pest mobile 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, V8Pete said:

They moved to Station Rd I think.

https://www.seatbelts4u.co.nz 

Different guy. 

The one in industry rd ( roger)  is a bit weird but ok. 

The station rd guy is a dick and I'm pretty sure does illegal repairs like stitching up his own belts. 

Station Road guy and industry rd guy used to be in business together and now are mortal enemies. 

There's another mobile guy called Frances who is ok and he's who I usually recommend. All of them will probably just fit universal aftermarket ones. I would recommend getting some correct belts somehow and just fitting them yourself so you don't have to deal with any of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, cletus said:

Different guy. 

The one in industry rd ( roger)  is a bit weird but ok. 

The station rd guy is a dick and I'm pretty sure does illegal repairs like stitching up his own belts. 

Station Road guy and industry rd guy used to be in business together and now are mortal enemies. 

There's another mobile guy called Frances who is ok and he's who I usually recommend. All of them will probably just fit universal aftermarket ones. I would recommend getting some correct belts somehow and just fitting them yourself so you don't have to deal with any of them. 

we also use frances at work and he is generally good to deal with. 

would recommend him if you cant find any online.

but if you want chris pull the belts out and ill get him to take a look at them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pro tip: Don't work on your cars when jetlagged.

I managed to get the passengers door unlocked but the rod came off the latch mechanism in the process. The drivers door lock is jammed/fucked and I broke the plastic knob trying to get it un locked.

Anyone got tips/tricks on getting this fucking thing open? I've tried nothing and am all out of ideas

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tortron said:

Might have to dismantle the door from the inside so whatiis stuck isn't on the mechanism. I had a central locking solenoid weld itself locked

Iirc there's like a while metal sheet covering everything? Chop chop

Last time it jammed i pulled it apart from the inside abd spent hours fighting with it. Couldn't find anything jammed external to lstch mechanism or faulty central locking solenoids