chrisr's g20 van

chris r

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, chris r said:

Probably won't go full camper spec but a extra battery is always useful. It's big but not big enough for a TV imo

Plus you shouldn't be going camping to watch god damn TV...blardy kids these days

• Like 7

Each to their own.

But no. Not always you can drive away.

Years ago on a trip we got caught up in huge bushfires. Exits sealed etc. Had no idea where to go what to do etc. Stuck at camp site we managed to get the local news on the tv. It showed aerial shots of everything and talked about where it was and where the emergency evac points were. From that we made our way out of trouble.

So the tv actually saved our ass.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 8ball said:

Each to their own.

But no. Not always you can drive away.

Years ago on a trip we got caught up in huge bushfires. Exits sealed etc. Had no idea where to go what to do etc. Stuck at camp site we managed to get the local news on the tv. It showed aerial shots of everything and talked about where it was and where the emergency evac points were. From that we made our way out of trouble.

So the tv actually saved our ass.

fair point, but in nz we aren't likely to have big arse fires :P

I guess we are likely to have a flood etc but if the weather is that shit you shouldn't be camping anyway arguably. and its all digital now and wont get reception :P

I barely watch tv at home tbh, once a week maybe when we got to the mrs family for dinner so its not something I feel the need to take camping. Bloody newspapers are only good for starting fires.

• Like 1