chasinthemirage

chasinthemirage's other Mk3 Zephyr

13 posts in this topic

Always loved the Mk3. Probably cos grandfather had a Zodiac. First car of his that I can remember.

Me too, my old man had a Zephyr in his younger days. I'm too poor for a Zodiac haha

any ideas what its had done to be lowered? old man has a mk3 and im trying to convince him to lower it a little on some nicer wheels

Best Zephyr shape.  Noice.  Zodi's are too busy, this is ideal. 

2 people like this

54 minutes ago, Cobranz said:

any ideas what its had done to be lowered? old man has a mk3 and im trying to convince him to lower it a little on some nicer wheels

It has blocks in the rear but I suspect reset springs to. According to the declaration it has "V8 Falcon coils" but whatever they are they've been cut and aren't captive. I have some Cobra lowering springs to put in this weekend, their meant to be 40mm lowering springs but I think it'll be a little lower due to the extra weight of the engine. I'll stick some pictures up once their in.

39 minutes ago, kyteler said:

I love the quad headlight zodiac grill though. Have thought about fitting one to a Zephyr many a time.

4 hours ago, kyteler said:

I wholeheartedly concur..  and she's a good looking example to boot.

2 people like this

I love Zephyrs. Ones with V8's even more so.

1 person likes this

Mate this things wicked, I saw it up for grabs and contemplated buying it. If you ever wanna sell it lt me know

Have fun :)

5 hours ago, mattscort said:

Mate this things wicked, I saw it up for grabs and contemplated buying it. If you ever wanna sell it lt me know

Have fun :)

Honestly mate if you're interested I'd be happy to part with it. It's got captive springs in the front now but I've found it needs a ball joint. I've got no attachment to it unlike my other one so if I'm going to end up having to do more work on it I'd rather put the effort into my other one

anything bar the block in the back ? old man wants to know if the shockies have been changed or modified

Original shocks in the back, it's got override springs but I'm not sure whether the springs have been reset