Chrisr 86 fc3s rx7

chris r

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kyteler said:

Hold the phone in landscape for fucks sake.  That better not have been Joe filming that.

Other than that though, fuck yeah, good work, congrats, yay, etc!

I can't be in two places at once haha 

All video related complaints can be directed to joe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chris r said:

Yeah they ideally need a proper clean & test. When I get it to Auckland I'll pull then out again 

Of scans of wiring diagrams would be great please and thank you 

I got a picture of the radio for you too 

IMG_20170326_153551770_HDR

Mayte

That radio is a pine and a half 

while the perfection circle is going on in the background

56895294.jpg 

I did a bit of engine bay cleaning of the S5 in the downtime.
But it was actually really fun getting this going. Super glad it actually ran (not that i didn't think it would)
Cherry on top was getting it drivable and doing some skids. Jeah.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Goat said:

I did a bit of engine bay cleaning of the S5 in the downtime.
But it was actually really fun getting this going. Super glad it actually ran (not that i didn't think it would)
Cherry on top was getting it drivable and doing some skids. Jeah.

Well said. I want to thank you again for helping & a bed to borrow & sharns etc. So good 

• Like 2

It looks so lush. I was very tempted by this myself but.... no spare coin. Maybe one day.. but by then they will finaaly be hit with Mazda tax and out of reach..

Anyway- I have this that I'd bought in the UK at some random swap meet. Might be of help!

I want to keep it but totally happy to post it up to you. You use it/copy it and when finished post it back. PM me your address.

20170327_090701 (768x1024).jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, yoeddynz said:

It looks so lush. I was very tempted by this myself but.... no spare coin. Maybe one day.. but by then they will finaaly be hit with Mazda tax and out of reach..

Anyway- I have this that I'd bought in the UK at some random swap meet. Might be of help!

I want to keep it but totally happy to post it up to you. You use it/copy it and when finished post it back. PM me your address.

20170327_090701 (768x1024).jpg

Oh awesome thanks heaps! Pm incoming. 

I can't really afford it but it when else will I get a chance to own a rotary. 

It's pretty cool working on it, everything mechanical is pretty easy to get to, wiring is typical 80s/early 90s hard to reach but it's not horrible. The alloy control arms are lush too. I think it's all a novelty a because rotary and b because I'm used to playing with 'lower' end of the market vehicles or commercial spec 

The fuel cut defender is a work around for the leaning out issue you talked about. It simply lies to the ecu to stop it leaning out at high boost/revs. It's not perfect but cheaper than a whole new ECU system. They are mainly used when you wind up the factory boost but don't upgrade the ECU.

Do you want the fuel cut defender out of my car? I'm going to install a Link in mine so won't need it. It's a simple plug and play!

• Like 1