chris r

Chrisr's a sucker for punishment rx7

9 posts in this topic

We found a box with some home made circuit board in it and wondered wtf it was. No idea how I found it but turns out it's a fuel cut defender. 

I don't quite understand the reasoning of them. They say fuel cut can make you go lean which detonates & damages apex seals etc. So you make a device that tells the ecu it has less boost and it then will be running lean causing the same problem... Can anyone elaborate on that? 

Here is a link for the write up on making your own for series 4 rx

http://web.archive.org/web/20050205221712/http://www.fc3s.org/how_tos/electrical/fcd.html

4 people like this

I suck at photos. All going well this will be getting collected from its nice warm shed and be dropped off to me next week. I'll have to ask the landlord to put up another garage so I can work on my stuff at home 

3 people like this

There were a couple of mx5s at zebra so I grabbed the cv bolts and the diff input bolts so hopefully they are similar enough to work on the fc so its less sketchy. I also have sorted a load of wheel nuts so there will be more than three holding the wheels on.

Its a bit early but does anyone have a set of r32 gtst wheels for cheap? I've seen a couple on those wheels and like the look if them.

This one on tardme looks pretty sweet imo

9 people like this

I filled out the online form for getting this collected from goat, they called last night saying they would collect it today. its a bit too soon as it still needs to be moved out of the shed and I still haven't paid them to pick it up. The tow truck driver is named barry which I thought was appropiate. I should hopefully get it late next week

2 people like this