Adoom

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Snoozin said:

Condolences.

Try Chris Witor in the UK for bits. Good pricing with reasonable and quick shipping.

Was this the one that had the brown parts car on trademe?

How Quick is quick? 

Yep, that one. Paid $2500 for it. I didn't get the parts car too, didn't really want it, or know how the hell I would get it home.

Mine has a manual rack, I thought they were all power steering....

The steering wheel is super manky, it had a horrible sticky gungy Type S cover on it. I've pulled that off, but all that's left is the foam bit which is loose. I'm going to try split it and glue it back on then wrap it with bike handlebar tape or something... 

2 minutes ago, Adoom said:

Mine has a manual rack, I thought they were all power steering....

The steering wheel is super manky, it had a horrible sticky gungy Type S cover on it. I've pulled that off, but all that's left is the foam bit which is loose. I'm going to try split it and glue it back on then wrap it with bike handlebar tape or something... 

According to a Triumph forum, power steering fitted to "2500S and facelift PI only - option on all other MKII's "

These leather steering wheel covers come highly recommended :-

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-TRIUMPH-2500S-BLACK-ITALIAN-LEATHER-STEERING-WHEEL-COVER-WHITE-STITCHING-NEW-/261307651178

1 minute ago, Alfashark said:

That little knob near the clock is the dash lighting dimmer.

Also, I may have a complete dash in walnut stashed somewhere... I suspect it's gone AWOL with my other leftover 2500 parts.

Are all the dash's the same size? There is a PI one on trademe, but it looks much wider than mine...

I'd like to replace the clock with a rev counter. The clock is also drunk, when the hour hand is on the hour, the minute hand is on half past.

Just now, Adoom said:

I thought it might be, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I will try again when it is dark.

Yeah I don't recall mine ever working either - might be able to clean out the rheostat to see if it helps.

If its anything like the Jag it'll be pretty dim at full power anyhow

3 hours ago, Threeonthetree said:

I'll have six MkII 2000, 2500 and 2500S models coming into my yard soon to be dismantled for parts so just sing out if you need bits.

Off the top of my head....

Front anti roll bar and the bits to attach it from an S?

Is there such a thing as a dash that is not cracked? Mine is more like cracks with a bit of dash on it.