Range Rover Rescue discussion

nacnud

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First day getting to know the new ride. Got a new set of tyres fitted and gave it a once over. A few bits aint working and missing a few bits of trim but all seems ok. Can't get over how big it is! 4.2V8 is effortless too. Some serious gas bills coming my way.

Aw6f1pgh.jpg

BkkhnP0h.jpg

Next to my buddies 79 today. Need to give the exterior and interior a good clean up tomorrow. 

First motorway run is alway a bit scary, truck went awesome though. Excuse the potato phone the shot was taken on.

LzSrd8Gh.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Team, I am after a certain tyre for my old Range Rover. Trying to get as close to the factory period correct look as possible. Old Michelins and the Firestones now seem discontinued so the next best is this Dunlop. They are called Dunlop Road Gripper F. In 205r16 or 205/80/16. If any one knows where I could find a set of 5, sing out please!
Dunlop NZ are not very helpful. 

K7zwdLM.jpg

jCCVPiWm.jpg

dunlop should indent them for you. 

can still get those in 7.50r16 on brand new 70 series cruisers. you may find this to be the issue quite regularly. 

what pattern michelin would you be after? again, michelin dealers should indent them for you. may not be overnight of course. 

pm me if you're keen to get into some michelins though. we do 'em at work and althoguh I don't have much to do with that side of our business, i can defo get the boss onto it for ya. He's usually pining people getting stuff for old cars in teh original pattern and has had no problem sorting a couple of sets of michelin metrics for citroens for me, and recently got a hold of a set of the original michelins that his trump stag came on. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dolan said:

dunlop should indent them for you. 

can still get those in 7.50r16 on brand new 70 series cruisers. you may find this to be the issue quite regularly. 

what pattern michelin would you be after? again, michelin dealers should indent them for you. may not be overnight of course. 

pm me if you're keen to get into some michelins though. we do 'em at work and althoguh I don't have much to do with that side of our business, i can defo get the boss onto it for ya. He's usually pining people getting stuff for old cars in teh original pattern and has had no problem sorting a couple of sets of michelin metrics for citroens for me, and recently got a hold of a set of the original michelins that his trump stag came on. 

Hey Dolan,  thanks for the reply! That would be awesome! So many times people do a restore and put a modern looking tyre on, totally ruins the car imo.

They are Michelin X M+S in 205r16. Couple of photos below 

xyroMMxh.jpg

nQfFtQRh.jpg

Also the Firestone Town and Country but I think that is even harder to find. Damn it looks good :wub:

9lc93Ctl.jpg

haha man those firestone are AMAZING!!

you might be shit out of luck for XM+S but I'll see if anything a little more retro is available. 

I think I have one only michelin in a pattern similar to this on my parts wreck vogue. the rest are something like dunlop adventurers or something. 

61430894.jpg

On 3/4/2017 at 11:17, Dolan said:

you might be shit out of luck for XM+S but I'll see if anything a little more retro is available. 

I think I have one only michelin in a pattern similar to this on my parts wreck vogue. the rest are something like dunlop adventurers or something. 

Hey Dolan, any luck with other models, do you get the Michelin XPC in stock?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...