Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doullama

Sun never sets, q15 Superpoise

7 posts in this topic

So tortrons (autocorrected to tortuous appropriately) Q15 rolled up on the back of a truck today.  "you're a brave man" quipped the decidedly British truck driver. fired up first pop, standard bugs vs brake cleaner stz, unloaded the many spares which I can't wait to have a good sift thru, and round the block, went great! Changing up gears easy, down not quite so :wink: Heaps to do but will have to wait till after backyard wedding/ hose down & ribbon mods. Fit perfectly in the wrong garage naturally

7 people like this

Had a tutu today, adjusted clutch, zinc-flavour motor oil (didn't drop the sump but will next time, honest) G/box full of oil-tainted water (not vice versa!) new 140w and topped diff, clean probably 500mls low. Visor off, buggered screen seal out, lubed and opened the front windscreen, definitely cool, after I rust-murder and paint the screen surround and frame i'll probably leave it rubber free, and take to carrying a zazzy brown roll of cloth tape around. Need to paint roof & rear of cab, leave current paint unmolested as much as poss for now. Most likely will clean,sand/wheel and repaint the underside of machine too

2 people like this

And random bodge throttle return, might put a spring on the throttle shaft too. "redundancy is the soul of safety" :flower:

image1 (4).JPG

image2 (3).JPG

4 people like this

Tortron was kind enough to make me a discussion thread, you can provide me with personalised or generic abuse here: 

Update time! Dulux rebuild almost finished, just the chassis from cab forward to go. Actually looks ok for $2 shop brushes wielded by a man high on paint fumes. Painting a vehicle with a brush is very therapeutic, so much less hassle than spraying. No point pushing the boat out on this one! Wasn't going to paint the whole body but by the time i'd painted all the ex-rusty bits, chips etc etc it was looking pretty patchy. Also got all the lights & the wiper going, various blown bulbs/bad earths & so on. Found the diff appears to be minus any sort of breather, will rectify & see if it helps with the leaky axles, as they don't seem to leak while stationary. Fell through one of the running boards so replaced them both with some leftover decking, as you do

dulux1.jpg

dulux2.jpg

dulux3.jpg

3 people like this

Got another Q also, it can be jammed in this thread too. 1943 Karrier superpoise, has an hq front subframe and a very nice cab & chassis. Is declared for 350/th350/9", but has 253/trimatic/bw78. Actually drives really nicely, but realistically it will probably be easier/cheaper to return it to 350ci etc than cert it as is. All i've done so far to it is rig up a choke, jam an air filter on it and swap out the plugs, just for ease of starting/moving round the property etc. Will probably tart up the body and interior and when circumstances allow, hand it over to a shop for full drivetrain conversion.

kar3.jpg

kar1.jpg

kar7.jpg

kar4.jpg

kar2.jpg

5 people like this