Jordans 1982 Suzuki TS185 dirt/street tracker

z18et1200coupe

how did you lower the forks? pretty keen to give that a go on my GP. i like what youve done so far!

There is a tube like piece that sits inside the stanchion and connects it to the fork lower, I put a 3" spacer behind the head of it so effectively the stanchion sits 3" lower than it did before. I also cut the springs to suit, but only cut about 2.5" off them so they're loaded up a bit more. Pretty hard to explain but there's loads of info in different forums 

• Like 1

Did a few wee jobbies on the bike today;

Modified a sx85 expansion chamber to fit. Will probab.ly do nothing for performance because it's not the right type of pipe for the engine but it looks rad. It'll be the job until my PE175 pipe turns up (then I'll mod that to fit).

A GC from work bent some stainless tube for my rear hoop so I welded that on too. Now I can get onto making a proper seat.

Managed to strip a thread for the exhaust too.

And painted a couple wee things.

Rad

emn45ee3.g0e.jpg

afbam1bn.ge4.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Cheers Chap!

That's in the Skin bay at work, it's much better than my garage that's got no bloody power or lights!

Yo Nick, yeah I want to ditch the oil tank but apparently these engine gets almost no lubrication on one of the mains without the oil feed. So I'll probably make a oil tank that looks less ugly sometime. Keen to get a warrant and do some street hacking first though. Sounds rad with the 85 chamber, but is crazy loud, and doesn't go that well, needs jetting to suit for sure, I chucked the factory exhaust on for a warrant anyway.

Have almost got this thing kinda road worthy. Have made a seat with minimal padding, and it's actually kinda comfy which is rad, need to get it covered though, anyone know someone that does sweet seat recovering?

Also put all the indicators and lights on. I want to move the tail light to the left and put it opposite the number plate but I don't think it'll pass a warrant like that, so I'll move it after a warrant. 

Also my headlight hasn't turned up still, cocks, so I chucked the old headlight on badly, but it looks kinda legit for rolling around for the interim. So hopefully I don't get pulled up.

So it's pretty much wait for my headlight and cover the seat then I can try and get a warrant! Anyone know any kinda loose places that aren't worried about mudguards etc?

Couple of pics here for pine.

zktd0oub.tmx.jpg
0wfgbaii.o5h.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Done a few wee jobbies on the ol girl lately, it's all pretty much ready to go! I'll go for a warrant next week and see what they fail me on..

Still need to get some new bars and grips. Was going to get some gears off Dime city cycles but shipping is pretty bloody pricey. Ahwell!

Pics..

cwcfgcqy.c5f.jpg
ukjrzp4w.m45.jpg
cvm2hyg2.dgg.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

where did you find spokes that allowed you to put an 18 on the front ? what width rim is it? i want to put 2.15 x 18 on the front and 2.5 on the back. of my ts185 build project it needs new rims asap and want to just buy a random so called universal rims but don't no where to find spokes the will fit an 18 on the front..